• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid to Oviedo

dave welsh rambler

Time of past OR future Camino
So the camino bit me. Did the portugese central this year and now looking to do the primitivo next year. Easiest route from UK (Bristol) appears to be fly to Madrid and then train or coach to Oviedo. Train appears to be quicker and with a morning flight should be able to get to Oviedo by late afternoon. I have never been to Madrid so unsure how easy it will be to navigate this idea from terminal 1 to Chamartin train station were the trains appear to go from. Any help or other suggestions gratefully recieved

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
First, Chamartin is under construction. There was a time earlier this year when the Cercanis light rail that runs from T4 in MAD wasn't running there. You'll have to check on current status. C1 or C10 Cercanis lines went to Chamartin...only a few minutes transit.

There's a mildly confusing inter-terminal bus shuttle at MAD that stops at all the terminals. Ask the driver...if a different shuttle bus gets to T4 first, he'll tell you. Took me about 20 min once I got to the bus stop (Sep 23).

As you've seen, there are at least 3 fast trains (Ave?) and a few slower ones to Oviedo per day. I would suggest using TrainLine to book when that booking window opens.

I personally overnighted in Madrid right by Chamartin and took the next day's first fast train.

Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Well, at 70 I am finally doing my Camino! I will be walking from Porto to Santiago, arriving there on Oct 21st. I will be in need of a Transfer from Santiago to Porto on Oct 22, to my Hotel...
Has anyone used a boat service to get them from Caminha to Valenca? Such as Taxi Boat Peregrinos? Can you get dropped on the Caminha side of the river? Reading lots of people's review about the...
Hallo, we might be staying in AirBnB, that does not have a luggage storage option. And we are doing only a bit of the Portuguese Camino Coastal, Spains side. Any suggestion on which transfer...
I leave today! Flying into Barcelona and will then spend the entire next day training to SJPDP through Narbonne, Toulouse, and Bayonne. Got a couple points of concern I'd love to get input on...
So the camino bit me. Did the portugese central this year and now looking to do the primitivo next year. Easiest route from UK (Bristol) appears to be fly to Madrid and then train or coach to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back