• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Lost purse Rua cafe Viana

walkerandtalker

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2024
Hi there

I left my small white purse in the Rua cafe in Viana on top of the toilet roll dispenser. When I returned it was gone and the owner was really unhelpful. If anyone found it I would obviously love to have it back and to know it wasnt stolen.

I can't imagine a Pilgrim taking it but the man behind the bar said it wasn't handed in and didn't take my phone number etc. He was very odd about it. Its small and contains my travel money in cash. Very sad about it, less so the money, more so that it was stolen on a pilgrimage. And yes I know I shouldn't have forgotten it....thank you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You have my sympathy and it has jogged my own memory from long ago. I forgot my purse (not on Camino) in a restaurant on the bathroom sink countertop while talking to my sister. I noticed I'd left it and returned to retrieve it ten minutes later. I was so relieved to see my purse still sitting there, but minus the cash envelope containing $160.😐 Another time I left sunglasses on the tissue paper dispenser and they too had disappeared.

You have my sympathy and it has jogged my own memory from long ago. I forgot my purse (not on Camino) in a restaurant on the bathroom sink countertop while talking to my sister. I noticed I'd left it and returned to retrieve it ten minutes later. I was so relieved to see my purse still sitting there, but minus the cash envelope containing $160.😐 Another time I left sunglasses on the tissue paper dispenser and they too had disappeared.
Thank you. I feel more sad than anything. You hope for good natured people but you don't always get it. I suppose we should be even more grateful for the good people we meet. X

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you. I feel more sad than anything. You hope for good natured people but you don't always get it. I suppose we should be even more grateful for the good people we meet. X
Please try if you are still travelling to put this to one side.How many times I reflect on how society has changed. I hope it is returned and you do not lose your focus on why you are walking to Santiago. I feel sad that you have had this happen.

Please try if you are still travelling to put this to one side.How many times I reflect on how society has changed. I hope it is returned and you do not lose your focus on why you are walking to Santiago. I feel sad that you have had this happen.
I am definitely trying. Thank you.

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know what it’s like to do the Camino as a lapsed Catholic??? I know we’re not meant to discuss religion on these forums but I’m sure there are many like me who have done it and enjoyed...
I have to get a new passport in Sarria. Any suggestions on where to get.
My first post. I plan to walk the Camino de Santiago from St. Jean to Muxia late spring next year. I'm making notes, lists, reading lots of books from past pilgrims, started to gather essentials...
Hi all My wife and I started from SJDP April 28 2024 and reached Santiago June 8. Lots of stories and maybe a video or two to come.
Hi there I left my small white purse in the Rua cafe in Viana on top of the toilet roll dispenser. When I returned it was gone and the owner was really unhelpful. If anyone found it I would...
Just found this site while reading up about the via Podensis. Brand new 1st timer, hitting El Camino in September - meeting my French cousins there - not sure how much fitter/faster they are than...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back