Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging advice for Camino Finisterre

jfgough

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, September 2023
Hello all
I just completed the Camino Portuguese and plan to walk to Finisterra on SEP 12. Any advice for lodging about 20 km or so. I see some places in Negreira, but there are not many positive comments. Anyone with recent experience?
Thanks

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hello all
I just completed the Camino Portuguese and plan to walk to Finisterra on SEP 12. Any advice for lodging about 20 km or so. I see some places in Negreira, but there are not many positive comments. Anyone with recent experience?
Thanks
Most people who have an okay or good experience don't post reviews. So take those comments with a grain of salt.

A few years ago I had a good experience at Albergue Anjana.

For the day after Negreira I can recommend Albergue Monte Aro. Really nice place with a good restaurant.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Albergue Coton in Negreira is very nice, I liked it more than the municipal there

Albergue A Casa da Fonte in Cee is excellent and is run by a pilgrim

I also liked Monte Aro

I walked Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago this past August so recently

Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello all
Thanks
We stayed at Albergue Cotón last year. Very nice, clean, good location.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We stayed at Albergue Alto da Pena in A Pena in April. It was not quite 10km from Negreira. The view from the upper floor over the valley was stunning, especially when sitting on the throne (toilet)! And the communal meal was excellent.

Walked to Muxia, Finisterre and back to Santiago last month.

In Neigreira we stayed at San Jose (also on the way back). It was fine, first time a 3-persons room with own bathroom, second time a 2-persons room with shared bathroom.

Next day: Casa Pepa (and a week later again :) ). Great place, great people!

I also liked Albergue Talieiro in Cee. It's quite new.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Last time I walked was late in the year and almost everything was closed. Stayed at the municipal. It was clean and really new. Only problem was it is on the far end of town. I didn't know that and had to walk back into town to get some food. Of course nothing to cook as it is Galicia. The hospitalerio wasn't the sweetest guy in the world but I only had to deal with him for 2 minutes
The weather was pretty awful and i took my time after walking 1000K to Santiago. The albergues I stayed at that I can remember are the following: They were all wonderful.
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/santa-marina-maronas/albergue-casa-pepa. The bar/restaurant in the albergue was really good and the owners of the owners were super nice.
The bar/restaurant in the albergue was really good and the owners of the owners were super nice.
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/logoso/albergue-pension-logosoAnother short day to here,
The day day was really, really hard rain all day and I had another short stage to here. It was brand new. The woman who lives next door to the albergue is the mother of the owner. She is super nice and opened the albergue for me. Her son came at night to collect the money. It was a strange albergue. New and clean and comfortable with a TV in ever bed!!! Kind of strange. Again I had to walk about a kilometer back to town in the rain and so I could eat.
Finally made it to Muxia and stayed there a few days. Love Muxia. I like it better than Finistere as it is far mellower. Just my preference. Both have their pluses for sure.
Stayed at a wonderful family owned albergue and had a great dinners cooked by 4 wonderful Italian young ladies who insisted I eat with them. The next night almost all of us from the albergue at at a really good restaurant by the water. It was a great 3 days. The owners give out that Muxia certificate. I think all the albergues can issue it though. The family that owned this albergue couldn't have been more welcoming. The second morning the hot water heater broke and they opened up 3 rooms in their pension above the hostel so we could all shower.
My Ric Steves review!!! haha

Hello all
Thanks
Albergue San Jose, had a private room and bathroom, it was really an entire apartment with kitchen
Most people who have an okay or good experience don't post reviews. So take those comments with a grain of salt.

A few years ago I had a good experience at Albergue Anjana.

Albergue San Jose, had a private room with bathroom, it was really an Apartment, had a full kitchen and terrace for 40 Euros. Great!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello all I just completed the Camino Portuguese and plan to walk to Finisterra on SEP 12. Any advice for lodging about 20 km or so. I see some places in Negreira, but there are not many positive...
My next Camino is with my dearly beloved. We are doing a bit of a hybrid Camino, with our last walk of three, being Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago. The earlier routes we are walking this time will have...
I'm looking for a bus for this Saturday from Finisterre to Muxia and monbus doesn't appear to be running that day. Has anyone taken a bus on a Saturday from Finisterre to Muxia? Am I missing...
Where do I get the bus from Finisterre to go to Santiago? Is there a bus station?
Help ! Was walking the Santiago to Finesterre Camino from Vilaserio to Albergue Ponte Oliveira on Wednesday 11 September. Unfortunately I lost my varifocal glasses somewhere on route The glasses...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back