Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leon to Santiago De Compostela making plan

Av4av1989

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning camino from Leon - Santiago De Compostela late March to Mid April of 2025 during holy week, looking for recomendations for hotel or places that have private rooms. Our prefered daily distance is 12-15Km per day as we are in our 70's and slow walkers. Any recommendations to start making plans from point A-B in daily basis are greatly apiciated. Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You will be best using one of the many Apps available which have the most up to date information, and especially when it comes to private rooms and contact details for Albergues. Otherwise perhaps one of the well known booking websites used in conjunction with your planned daily distances.

You say during holy week, so not sure which part of your walk will fall in this week but it will likely be very very busy.

Even on your best estimate of 15km days you are looking at 25 days minimum.

Planning camino from Leon - Santiago De Compostela late March to Mid April of 2025 during holy week, looking for recomendations for hotel or places that have private rooms. Our prefered daily distance is 12-15Km per day as we are in our 70's and slow walkers. Any recommendations to start making plans from point A-B in daily basis are greatly apiciated. Buen Camino
that's a lot of info...
if you're walking at easter, best to book ahead, even if hotels
check booking.com and plan according to availability. there should be accommodation every 15 kms between león and santiago.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi! Here is a post i did on a previous thread !

I walked Leon to Santiago and Fisterre Muxia 2023!
These below were my memorable stays and would stay again. (all have private bathroom)

From Leon i took the Mazerife variant.

Domus Oncinae Fabia​

Address:C/Real, 7, 24391 Oncina de la Valdoncina, Spain
Phone: +34 606 80 39 57
Great host, modern rooms on site restaurant an oasis on the Camino.

Molinas Galochas (Galochas Mill)
Phone:
+34 987 388 546
+34 629 963 870
Web:
www.molinogalochas.com

Most wonderful stay Mercedes was an amazing host, home cooked food, communal meal at dinner.
On arrival she immediately got me a drink and made me a salad with quiche. Authentic Spain in the old mill so don't expect brand new everything.

El Puente Peregrino​

Address:Camino Santiago, 153, 24523 Trabadelo, Spain
Phone: +34 987 56 65 00
Great reviews on this place with which i concur, vegetarian menu ( i am not a vegetarian but had one of the best meals on my Camino), great host, clean rooms stands out in my memory!

Casa Galego​

Address:Fonfría 9, 27671 Fonfría, Spain
Phone: +34 627 47 47 83
What a surprise fresh modern Hotel in a small hill village, spotless, great staff and views.
I remember the Camino path out started great but then got quite difficult where it had collapsed in on itself!

A Casa da Botica​

Address:2 Rúa Fontao, 27620 Samos, Spain
Phone: +34 982 54 60 95
Lovely stay in Samos with the monastery about 100mtrs away, clean ,comfortable, modern and very helpful staff!

Casa Roan y Casa Grande​

Address:Sestelo 4, , 27215 Lodoso, Spain
Phone: +34 982 19 49 89

Memorable stay here in this rustic rural Finca, great staff, food and location they pick you up and drop you of from Lodoso or Palas de Rei.
Great communal meal.

Hotel Atalaia B&B​

Address:Algalia de Arriba 44, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Phone: +34 981 56 63 73
Stayed here 3 times great little hotel less than 10 mins walk from Cathederal square, modern, spotless,
Quiet and good breakfast Cristina is wonderful. Will always stay there i think in future.

LIRESCA​

Address:lugar de Lires 31, 15138 Lires, Spain
Phone: +34 981 46 43 95
Loved this place in Lires the owner is also proud of her hotel, modern, spotless rooms, best shower on the walk laundry service and food was great with vegetarian options.
The pudding was recommended; but i was dubious chocolate mouse with caramel and salt delicious.
Buen Camino
Woody

Last edited:
I like using Gronze.com for planning both distances and accommodations. You’ll see in each stage profile distances associated with all of the towns and villages you’ll pass through. At that daily 12-15km walking distance, you’ll be able to identify not only the towns you might want to stay in but also the range or variety of accommodations offered. Many of them have a direct link to Booking.com or contact information for you to email them directly. As @davejsy said, it looks like you have at least a 25 day Camino to plan. Buen Camino.

These below were my memorable stays and would stay again. (all have private bathroom)

Domus Oncinae Fabia​

Phone:
+34 987 388 546
+34 629 963 870
Web:
www.molinogalochas.com

Most wonderful stay Mercedes was an amazing host, home cooked food, communal meal at dinner.
On arrival she immediately got me a drink and made me a salad with quiche. Authentic Spain in the old mill so don't expect brand new everything.

El Puente Peregrino​

Great reviews on this place with which i concur, vegetarian menu ( i am not a vegetarian but had one of the best meals on my Camino), great host, clean rooms stands out in my memory!

Casa Galego​

What a surprise fresh modern Hotel in a small hill village, spotless, great staff and views.
I remember the Camino path out started great but then got quite difficult where it had collapsed in on itself!

A Casa da Botica​

Lovely stay in Samos with the monastery about 100mtrs away, clean ,comfortable, modern and very helpful staff!

Casa Roan y Casa Grande​

Memorable stay here in this rustic rural Finca, great staff, food and location they pick you up and drop you of from Lodoso or Palas de Rei.
Great communal meal.

Hotel Atalaia B&B​

Stayed here 3 times great little hotel less than 10 mins walk from Cathederal square, modern, spotless,
Quiet and good breakfast Cristina is wonderful. Will always stay there i think in future.

LIRESCA​

Loved this place in Lires the owner is also proud of her hotel, modern, spotless rooms, best shower on the walk laundry service and food was great with vegetarian options.
The pudding was recommended; but i was dubious chocolate mouse with caramel and salt delicious.
Buen Camino
Woody
Stayed in Fonfria couple of years ago' fabulous accomadation in working farm, is that Casa Calego brand new ? it looks fantastic.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
When we walk this route
will send you a list in the near future in a PM. Definitely book ahead. I recommend using booking.com because it is easy to cancel or make major changes in one app.

Stayed in Fonfria couple of years ago' fabulous accomadation in working farm, is that Casa Calego brand new ? it looks fantastic.
HI Mick!
I don't know when it was converted/built but the interior seemed brand new when i stayed there ; but the night before i slept in a bar in Las Herrerias which was by the brickwork a couple of hundred years old so a big contrast!
Location is just as you enter the village it's on the right just of the path.
Staff were nice to me, food was fine (i say that because i can't remember what i had; but if it was bad it would defo stand out in my memory:))
Woody

Domus Oncinae Fabia​

Phone:
+34 987 388 546
+34 629 963 870
Web:
www.molinogalochas.com

El Puente Peregrino​

Casa Galego​

A Casa da Botica​

Casa Roan y Casa Grande​

Great communal meal.

Hotel Atalaia B&B​

LIRESCA​

Buen Camino
Woody
Agree whole heartedly with Casa Roan y Casa Grande. We had a great night there in 2017.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
HI Mick!
I don't know when it was converted/built but the interior seemed brand new when i stayed there ; but the night before i slept in a bar in Las Herrerias which was by the brickwork a couple of hundred years old so a big contrast!
Location is just as you enter the village it's on the right just of the path.
Staff were nice to me, food was fine (i say that because i can't remember what i had; but if it was bad it would defo stand out in my memory:))
Woody
Stayed in Casa Nunez Fonfria in a fantastic apartment, come room, the best on Camino, in my never humble opinion. Casa Calego looks fantastic.

If you contact me [Moderator note: edited to remove personal email address. Please contact through the Forum's messaging function.] I’ll send you my accommodation list from last September and October. We usually walked about 20kms a day and gave each accommodation a score out of 20.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! Brand new here :) Very excited but also very nervous about this Upcoming 1st trial for 3/4 days SJPDP to Pamplona in late September. My first question: after flying from US New York area...
@Monasp has just posted the SJPDP figures for pilgrims recorded at the pilgrim office for the first six months of this year. Up a little over 4% on the same period last year. The pdf file is on...
Hi, folks: I'm seeing conflicting reports about the ruins at San Anton. Will the albergue be open by early August?
Hello everyone! I am planning to walk the Camino Frances starting Sept 13th this year and need some advice regarding my first night in SJPDP. I booked a private albergue just in case because I...
My knees don’t agree with pavement, asfaltroads, so I’m planning to take taxi through Logroño. Anybody knows where it could be logical to hopp of and continue walking?
Planning camino from Leon - Santiago De Compostela late March to Mid April of 2025 during holy week, looking for recomendations for hotel or places that have private rooms. Our prefered daily...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back