• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Left hat in Church - Help with Name

cwalden

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2024
I just finished the most amazing pilgrimage from Sarria to Santiago. I stopped in a church to pray/rest and left my hat there. I'm not worried about the hat but want to identify the name and town the church was in. Here are some pictures I took above the entryway and inside the church. Can you help me identify it?

Buen Camino

Attachments

• IMG_3768.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3769.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3770.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can you traslte whats overt he door for me? "parroquia de SAN. pelayo desarugueyra se hizo expensas de d. francisco rodriguez abelle, ano de 1840."

Can you traslte whats overt he door for me? "parroquia de SAN. pelayo desarugueyra se hizo expensas de d. francisco rodriguez abelle, ano de 1840."

Here is the translation using Google.

parish of St. pelayo desarugueyra was made at the expense of d. Francisco Rodríguez Abelle, year of 1840."

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You should be able to use the metadata from your photos to locate the church.

I left my hat in the church in Granon on my 2024 April 10 May 19 walk for the Camino Francis. I realized 2km later and went back. It was waiting for me. So was a shaft of light in the church. God had my attention. Not about light and lost hats but something more about his presence. I was able to relate this to those who I spoke to at the time once I retrieved my hat and met them outside the door.
My video blog number 4 "What do you see" relates this.
Regards
Andrew Phillips

Most read last week in this forum