• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Irish Girl, first time Camino, Sept 19th 2024, starting from Sarria

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
From another Irish girl...hope u have a great time ( and you will probably meet a few other Irish pilgrims too on that section ) and it will all be grand!

After you walk from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxía you should have about two more weeks left. What do you plan to do with the extra time?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
After you walk from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxía you should have about two more weeks left. What do you plan to do with the extra time?
To be honest.....im not sure, I have until the end of October to explore more aspects of the Camino, Galicia in general..... what would you suggest ? i decided in the first place to begin from Sarria, because I wanted to make sure I am up to the challenge....but I'm very hopeful il be grand :)

To be honest.....im not sure, I have until the end of October to explore more aspects of the Camino, Galicia in general..... what would you suggest ? i decided in the first place to begin from Sarria, because I wanted to make sure I am up to the challenge....but I'm very hopeful il be grand :)

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
With a month in-hand, you can certainly take your time and enjoy it. Would you consider starting in Leon instead? You’ll likely have a couple of weeks around Santiago otherwise. Buen Camino
@henrythedog ..my original plan at the start of the year was the whole thing from the French side. But I'm mindful of the fact Im a solo walker and that I may not have the stamina... I have a Masters in overthinking lol.......😊

Most people walk stages similar to those on Gronze, which has 13 stages for León to Santiago. So you could take it much easier and still have plenty of time to walk to the coast.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
It actually make a pleasant change to be trying to persuade someone who has allowed plenty of time to do more. Usually we’re in dialogue with someone straight off the red-eye from the US who’s stressing about what platform to catch their unmissable train and has allowed for a whole hour in Santiago.

You’ve got plenty of time to just take it as it comes, which is excellent.

Buen camino.

Ahh it will be grand !!!!!! you're so right .........cant wait, my flights tomorrow !!!
Elaine, you will have a great time and lots of new adventures in store. Great that you have lots of time to really get into it. I'm also from the emerald isle but didn't allow enough time for my first Camino 5 years ago, the Primitevo, and the 14 days was too little time. No recovery time when I needed it and very little time in Santiago. I'm starting at the other end this week, St Jean, but not going all the way. This forum was my lifesaver 💚

Elaine, you will have a great time and lots of new adventures in store. Great that you have lots of time to really get into it. I'm also from the emerald isle but didn't allow enough time for my first Camino 5 years ago, the Primitevo, and the 14 days was too little time. No recovery time when I needed it and very little time in Santiago. I'm starting at the other end this week, St Jean, but not going all the way. This forum was my lifesaver 💚
I’m so excited now, my flights tomorrow eve, I get in late so has a hiccup with the first place I booked as they don’t accommodate late arrivals …but all sorted now !! Thank you for your encouragement I hope you have the most amazing experience this time, with more time to take it all in ☘️

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m so excited now, my flights tomorrow eve, I get in late so has a hiccup with the first place I booked as they don’t accommodate late arrivals …but all sorted now !! Thank you for your encouragement I hope you have the most amazing experience this time, with more time to take it all in ☘️
Go girl go. And if you need more help along the way use this Forum. There is a wealth of information and support here and people are very helpful and generous with their time. Slainte 💚

Most read last week in this forum

Hello all, Been reading all your very valuable posts and advice for a few weeks now in anticipation of starting tomorrow! Can only get a portion of Francés done on this trip (probably as far as...
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: Ticket's are bought and I decided to start on the holiday -...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...
Hi all, Maybe some can give some advice/helping words for me to actually be able to go do it. I am feeling the need to walk the frances (i originally planned and wanted to do the primitivo for...
I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong group. Feel free to move my post. I have walked 7 caminos, always in Spain (well, max 50k in France), the country I love. At the end of october/start of...
September 19, @FallCamino2024, (SJPdP) ✅

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.