• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Interesting reddit post about the story of what happened to Camino Ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Speaking only for myself personally, and not as a moderator, I consider Michael a close personal friend. I have known him for more than a decade. I know very little about this drama, but I have the utmost confidence in Michael’s moral compass and his integrity. I am not saying that the person who wrote this post is lying or is trying to slander others, because there are always two sides to every story, but I am saying that I am confident that Michael is a person of extremely high ethical standards and would never resort to underhanded behavior for personal gain.

For years I've been reading Reddit posts of this NaughtyNocturnalist guy, who somehow got his hands on Camino Ninja app code (and who is soon going to release his own app based on Camino Ninja code) and I don't trust him one bit. He didn't convince me at all that he is the good guy and the others are bad guys.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
For years I've been reading Reddit posts of this NaughtyNocturnalist guy, who somehow got his hands on Camino Ninja app code (and who is soon going to release his own app based on Camino Ninja code) and I don't trust him one bit. He didn't convince me at all that he is the good guy and the others are bad guys.
I guess we will have to wait and see. If what he outlines in this post regarding his app is reality, I applaud the Camino ethos he says he will implement.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it is better marketing to promote your own product than to tear down your competition. Disparaging your competitors, especially when they are not there to respond, just makes you look bad to me. I have to acknowledge that most political campaign managers seem to have a different view.

I guess we'll see on July 22 what the new app will look like and what it will have to offer.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Speaking only for myself personally, and not as a moderator, I consider Michael a close personal friend. I have known him for more than a decade. I know very little about this drama, but I have the utmost confidence in Michael’s moral compass and his integrity. I am not saying that the person who wrote this post is lying or is trying to slander others, because there are always two sides to every story, but I am saying that I am confident that Michael is a person of extremely high ethical standards and would never resort to underhanded behavior for personal gain.
I do not know Michael but have read many of his posts and seen and heard interviews with him. Although I do not exclusively use his app he is such a valuable member of the Camino family. From my experience I always say there are three sides to a story, yours, mine and the truth. But what you have said as well asas @OldHands, @C clearly, and @David Tallan have said pretty much sums up my opinion of this person. There is no way I would ever even download his app to just check it out and then delete it. I love it when people attack others for absolutely no reason except to gain clicks or their 15 minutes or to make their own dime off of a situation. After I read this article I needed a shower.
What a nasty and self-serving article!

Personally, I think it is better marketing to promote your own product than to tear down your competition. Disparaging your competitors, especially when they are not there to respond, just makes you look bad to me. I have to acknowledge that most political campaign managers seem to have a different view.

I know that many of you will find this an interesting read
'Interesting,' yes, but not in the way you intended. Reading the post took 5 minutes I'll never get back, so I'm sorry I did. Nastiness will have it's reward, and eventually you'll get the results of an ugly attitude, @Cuttooth.

I've not met you. But I have met Michael, and liked him a lot. He has a moral compass and real camino spirit, unlike some people - who evoke it but don't have it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The historic controversy over Camino Ninja’s data sourcing didn’t need another airing now that Andy has died. Those allegedly directly affected have seen fit to let the matter rest.

As to the business model of high quality ‘free to use’ applications - that is really a matter for the operators, and if they can make a living, whether through affiliate links or advertising; then they deserve congratulations not condemnation.

The historic controversy over Camino Ninja’s data sourcing didn’t need another airing now that Andy has died. Those allegedly directly affected have seen fit to let the matter rest.

As to the business model of high quality ‘free to use’ applications - that is really a matter for the operators, and if they can make a living, whether through affiliate links or advertising; then they deserve congratulations not condemnation.
The above quoted post by @henrythedog should be read by everyone.

And with those words, time to close.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone tried refusing disposable sheets in albergues? (Or thought about it?) Eucalyptus isn't native to Spain and growing eucalyptus requires a lot of water and wrecks the soil for indigenous...
Has anyone had experiences with private accommodations canceling reservations? I'm fresh off the Camino Ingles. I stayed at public albergues the whole trip, except for the last two nights in...
Hi all, probably a question with many different answers, but here goes. I've done several Caminos, but always ones that feature a cafe every now and then ( think Frances, Portuguese, Ingles etc)...
I hesitated to post this but maybe it will help someone else too. I have PTSD. I did the CF a couple of years ago. On occasion I felt like I was going to totally freak out in the albergues...
I know that many of you will find this an interesting read
In the UK if walking on a road with pavement, the general advice would be to walk on the right, facing oncoming traffic, so I assumed in Spain, on the left, but there does not seem to be a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.