This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

I leave Seville 3rd March 2025 and finish in Santiago on Easter Sunday

Donald Sinclair

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017
Hi all, well my plans are starting to get there.
After a couple of days in Granada, Cordoba and Seville, I am hoping to leave Seville 3rd March. I know the weather can be iffy.
What concerns me if I keep to my schedule, is I land in Santiago smack bang Easter Sunday.
The holiest city on the holiest day!
Is this madness?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Maybe. If you want a bed.

Perhaps once you are about 3 weeks out from Santiago you would know when you are likely to arrive and could book a bed?

Y
Book Hostal Forest on BCom NOW. It’s a nice old hostal very close to the Cathedral. I’ve stayed there twice.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Indeed. I book lots of different dates with cancellation policies. So I am holding three different nights (as single night bookings) in Seville in April to start the VDLP. I will cancel 2 of the 3 in line with the cancellation policy.

Santiago isn’t the ‘holiest city’

It’ll be great. It may be a little cool sleeping outside, but you’ll be fine.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum