Search 74,075 Camino Questions

How to go to Finisterre?

Wcox

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2024
I’m sure this is asked a lot, but will be finishing the French Camino this weekend and wanting to Go to Finisterre.
How do you get there and back by bus?
Do you need to purchase your bus tickets ahead of time? And if so, where online can you go to do that?
What is an adequate time to be there?
Is it worth spending the night?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I will let others address the bus issue (I walked), however I would say spending the night is worth it if you have the time. It is the only place I stayed two nights. You can certainly walk around Finisterre in less than an afternoon, but it was so nice to have extra time to walk around the trails and to 0.00 km marker and the lighthouse.

Bus leaves from the main bus/train terminal. Depending on the season and how crowded it is, you can buy your ticket ahead of time or from a window there - I’d advise an advance purchase of a roundtrip ticket! MONBUS operates the route. It’s a 2.5hr bus ride there, but a bit shorter on the return.

And certainly spend the night, if possible. Sunset there can be delightful, as is the hike out to the 0 marker and swimming (in the bay, NOT the open ocean). If you have time, Muxia is also worth a visit and it’s accessible by bus, too. Or you can walk between the two villages in one to two days!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I plan to do the CF from SJPDP on March 2025. It appears the number of days is usually 32-33 days. I know people usually take more than 33 days for various reasons. My question for people that...
When walking the Frances, is there an alternative to another route (Primitivo, Ingles) where I cross over to avoid doing the Sarria route?
I will be starting the full Camino Francés on 16th May 2025. I cannot get a sense of whether sheets/bedclothes are provided in all Albergues or not. If not, I can see the logic of bringing a...
Hi everyone, I am leaving for my Camino in 3 days on Oct 19th. I am flying to Paris, training to Bayonne and then SJPDP and will start walking on the 21st. I am hoping to get a final review of my...
Will be reaching Sarria next week, just wondering what the availability of accommodation is like at the moment? Is there a need to book ahead? I’ve mostly been winging it but have a friend joining...
Hi all I'm from London and would like to walk a bit of the Camino next year. I am restricted to March as I am running a marathon in the middle of May and am travelling to Asia in September. How...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back