This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to go to Finisterre?

Wcox

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2024
I’m sure this is asked a lot, but will be finishing the French Camino this weekend and wanting to Go to Finisterre.
How do you get there and back by bus?
Do you need to purchase your bus tickets ahead of time? And if so, where online can you go to do that?
What is an adequate time to be there?
Is it worth spending the night?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I will let others address the bus issue (I walked), however I would say spending the night is worth it if you have the time. It is the only place I stayed two nights. You can certainly walk around Finisterre in less than an afternoon, but it was so nice to have extra time to walk around the trails and to 0.00 km marker and the lighthouse.

Bus leaves from the main bus/train terminal. Depending on the season and how crowded it is, you can buy your ticket ahead of time or from a window there - I’d advise an advance purchase of a roundtrip ticket! MONBUS operates the route. It’s a 2.5hr bus ride there, but a bit shorter on the return.

And certainly spend the night, if possible. Sunset there can be delightful, as is the hike out to the 0 marker and swimming (in the bay, NOT the open ocean). If you have time, Muxia is also worth a visit and it’s accessible by bus, too. Or you can walk between the two villages in one to two days!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum