• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How to delete a draft

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
Sometimes I compose a reply to a post, but then remember: Chica, you do not need to do this. What is the best way to obliterate my rambling post? It used to be a little easier, but perhaps I am missing a step now. Thanks in advance! 😇

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Thanks, both respondents. I waited the few seconds and what I used to see appeared again, so once more, thank you. The point of this is: there are times when reflex causes a reaction, but mature reflection says: oh! why did I do that?
Ivar, if wish, you can close this thread, it has no further relevance.

Thanks, both respondents. I waited the few seconds and what I used to see appeared again, so once more, thank you. The point of this is: there are times when reflex causes a reaction, but mature reflection says: oh! why did I do that?
Ivar, if wish, you can close this thread, it has no further relevance.
I can relate 🙄

There are some shortcuts.
In Windows systems, put the cursor anywhere in the text, press Ctrl-A, then DEL (or delete)
In Android, select anywhere in the text, long tap, choose 'Select All' then delete

Both these select the entire text in the edit box, including quotes, and then bins it. Once the page refreshes, an empty edit box has been saved on the server.

If you have already posted, follow @Tincatinker's method.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
..or just remove the text you have written in your draft. Then wait a few seconds... It auto-saves every few seconds I think.
I've removed text this way and moved on and then seen it again on the bottom of a different thread. I've then said a short magic incantation that can't be posted here and removed the text again. I've never had to remove it a third time. I think the software has an AI incantation detector.

I waited the few seconds and what I used to see appeared again, so once more, thank you.
I am confused. Did you get rid of the text eventually?

Tbe secret is to delete it and WAIT until the gremlins register it, before moving away from the page.

..or just remove the text you have written in your draft. Then wait a few seconds... It auto-saves every few seconds I think.
I have a question for you. I have started to write posts and then I was interrupted by something and had to stop. When I returned to finish what I was writing I noticed a few times that I already had a reaction score before I had even hit the post reply tag. Once I received a pretty nasty reply to something I had started that was going to be a very positive post. Where I had left off sounded like it was the complete opposite. Again I had not hit the post reply tag. I can only assume that when you begin a post on a thread or respond to another post people can see what you have written even before the reply has been completed and posted?
Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sometimes I compose a reply to a post, but then remember: Chica, you do not need to do this. What is the best way to obliterate my rambling post? It used to be a little easier, but perhaps I am missing a step now. Thanks in advance! 😇
Click on the 3 dots (more options) in the upper right corner. On the drop down menu click on the square icon on the right. You have the option to (save draft) or (delete draft). Click on delete draft, close the thread and open again and your draft should be gone.

View attachment IMG_0918.mov

I have a question for you. I have started to write posts and then I was interrupted by something and had to stop. When I returned to finish what I was writing I noticed a few times that I already had a reaction score before I had even hit the post reply tag. Once I received a pretty nasty reply to something I had started that was going to be a very positive post. Where I had left off sounded like it was the complete opposite. Again I had not hit the post reply tag. I can only assume that when you begin a post on a thread or respond to another post people can see what you have written even before the reply has been completed and posted?
Thanks
Nothing is public until you post it. No-one can react to anything that is not posted...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Click on the 3 dots (more options) in the upper right corner. On the drop down menu click on the square icon on the right. You have the option to (save draft) or (delete draft). Click on delete draft, close the thread and open again and your draft should be gone.

View attachment 176590
Precisely. That seemed to have stopped working, but perhaps I was just not waiting for the few seconds. Thanks. The system is working exactly as you say.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think perhaps my question might be a useful one after all!
I have just had occasion to delete a draft. I highlighted what I had written, selected cut, then went to the three dots as I used to do, and as suggested by @Theatregal chose delete draft when the option came up. My dilemma arose because for a few days I think I might have had a local device problem. I may be missing a step, but essentially there is no problem with deleting drafts, and I am delighted to see that. It is a safety net when I have not sat well enough back from the keyboard! 😈

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.