• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotels or Hostels with private rooms along the way

walkonrocks

Time of past OR future Camino
October 31st to November 10th
Hi

I just started planning my Camino from Porto to Santiago from October 31st to November 10th.
I’ve only seen now, that the sleeping situation in albergues, is mostly in rooms with bunk beds and several people in one room. Please don’t hate on me for this, but it’s absolutely so far out of my comfort zone, that I would rather not do the Camino than sleeping in a room with a lot of strangers at night.
So, I want to kindly ask the community here. Is there is a lost of Cottages, Guest Houses, Hotels or Hostels along the way the coastal route, that offer private rooms? Will I have to pre reserve them or will i be able to find them as I hike? I don’t need luxury but sleeping through the night and having privacy while sleeping, is super important to me.
Thank you so much for the help everyone.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Go to gronze.com and check the accommodations available in each town.

If having your own room is a must, I recommend making a reservation in advance; otherwise, there is no guarantee that a private room will be available.
Thank you! Do you have experience on this period of time ? Will the trails be packed or will there be way less people?
Thank you

Hello, we spend roughly 75% of our nights in either private rooms at an albergue or in a nearby hotel. We also book ahead using booking.com. We also simply use google earth and zoom in on the town or along the route looking for a symbol for hotel or hostel. There's almost always a website or email to make contact.

Generally we like the private rooms at an albergue because it keeps us close to our fellow pilgrims. That is valuable to us. Hotels tend to lack a commons area to gather and hang out like an albergue does.

Having said that, we've had very nice breakfast situations. We're all at the breakfast as soon as it opens so we can get out the door fast. Nearly everyone there early are pilgrims, so we've had great experiences talking with everyone. It happens, but not all the time.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I know exactly how you feel,I am going to start in a couple of weeks,I also don’t relish the idea of me sleeping in the same room as complete strangers,it’s difficult even with my own family,I snore like a horse,also I like privacy when I sleep,whatever,I will play it by ear,🇮🇪

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I just started planning my Camino from Porto to Santiago from October 31st to November 10th. I’ve only seen now, that the sleeping situation in albergues, is mostly in rooms with bunk beds and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back