• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiking Poles - Burgos

dchulack

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2013
My daughter and I will need to purchase hiking poles in Burgos. We will be staying near the Cathedral. Does anyone know if there is some place nearby to purchase and if not nearby, transportation options? Thank you for any suggestions AND Buen Camino to all.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Welcome to the forum.

There may be a store closer to the cathedral, but you can always walk to Decathlon where you will find a good selection of poles.

It's about a 35 - 40 minute walk from the cathedral area. This link should display the location in Google maps.

Buen Camino

lo
My daughter and I will need to purchase hiking poles in Burgos. We will be staying near the Cathedral. Does anyone know if there is some place nearby to purchase and if not nearby, transportation options? Thank you for any suggestions AND Buen Camino to all.
Look for the ever present ‘Chinese’ shops that sell a bit of evrything. They will sell good poles and bit less expensve. The last omnes O bought from such a shop have done more than 4000kms with me.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Search Google Maps using

Tienda de Deportes near Burgos Cathedral, Spain

And you will find many options close by. Most will be closed on a Sunday.

Last edited:
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Did that very thing yesterday. Next to the statue of el cid, the hourly (hah!) free white bus picks up to go to the hypercor, where decathlon is. We picked up our 6euro poles which are fine, the free bus taking us back to burgos afterwards.

Yes! Definitely go to Summit Soorts! Near the Cathedral and privately owned. Owner speaks English and has hiked and backpacker all over the US....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240901-095139_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240901-095139_Gallery.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 4
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here (who misspells things in post titles when not wearing glasses!!) and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth...
I'm plan to complete the Camino Frances in a final 2 week stint from Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela. I'll need to wash clothes half way, which will probably be near Sarria. Does anyone know...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.