• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hikikomori ("shut-in") pilgrimages on Shikoku

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
A positive program to deal with a sad situation.
I hope something similar can be offered to older age groups who may also feel isolated.
As we know, a long walk is restorative in so many ways; even those of us who undertake them solo can often (in my case, always) feel a greater connection to the world around us.
Thanks for posting this article Roland 🙏.
👣🌏

Wow 18-45 year olds. I was surprised to see this as the target group. I was fully expecting it to be for the elderly. How sad that there are people "in the prime of their lives" already cut off from society. To be honest, I had not given this ANY thought before now - only the elderly. (and that despite having a severely depressed twenty-something live with us for two years - I guess I thought he was a rare exception) Thanks for sharing.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A lesser known phenomenon, predominantly among young Asian/mostly Japanese men. Great approach to addressing this difficult social/emotional/developmental issue.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.