• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help me decide how to shorten a stage: Praia de ÂNCORA and Vila Nova de Cerveira

Cristinabina

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2024
Hello all - we are on the Camino Coastal now and my feet are only permitting me 15-19km of walking when I’ve booked 20-23km apart. The last three days I’ve had to Uber the last few km to my accommodation which I am not loving! The blisters I have are from pressure - so in theory I could transport my bag to give my feet a break, but I think I also need to shorten the distance and/or take a rest day going forward. So my question is - on the walk between Vila Praia de ÂNCORA and Vila Nova de Cerveira what were your favorite stretches to walk? Which would be well experienced by train?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The most obvious would be to take the train, bus or taxi to Caminha, and walk from there to Vila Nova de Cerveira. I haven’t walked it yet, but apparently along the river ( Ecovia) is quite flat and very peaceful.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You should take a few days rest, go to a pharmacy let them check your blisters, let the pharmacist decide if they will give you a treatment or tell you to see a doctor which I am sure they will recommend. You probably need to change out of what you are wearing. Maybe get some good trail runners and at least a half size larger or a pair of good walking sandals. You can easily get to Santiago with either of these types.

Today ended up being mostly a rest day in Vila Nova de Cerveira. I am visiting the pharmacist almost daily and they aren’t worried yet! Just hydrocolloid bandages recommended at this point. I have both trail runners and hiking sandals so I have been switching between. I have found one pair of my socks are too loose and warm (REI merino blend) so may add a new pair when the opportunity arises. Entering Tui tomorrow! After that no day longer than 17 km…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back