• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Halfway point credentials

misspenn2519

Time of past OR future Camino
May/June 2024
Hello! i'm on the camino now and am hearing conflicting stories about if / where halfway point credentials are issued on the official camino de santiago (route frances). are this still possible? if so, where how?

Also, I'm continuing on to Finisterre and I just read there's another halfway credential for Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia and i can't get the finisterre stamp if i don't get one in Lires. is that true?

any advice is appreciated!
Buen Camino !

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think you may be confusing credencial, Compostela, and other certificates. The credencial is the "pilgrim passport" on which you receive stamps along your journey and which gives access to pilgrim albergues. The Compostela certificate is only issued on arrival in Santiago if you meet the conditions of distance, route, number of stamps and so on. There are other certificates issued in Sahagun (midway on the Frances if you start from Roncesvalles) and in Fisterra.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can’t get a Compostela if you return to Santiago from Fisterra and Muxia (it’s 100 km) without a stamp from Lires. If you’re not returning to SdC then a stamp in Lires doesn’t matter.

In Sahagún, you can get a half-compostela (nice souvenir) in the church of the Virgen Peregrina:
There, you can also find the model of Sahagún Tourism Office stamp...
Before walking to the ocean, my advice is to get in Santiago the special credential for this way (nice drawings).
Then, in the Tourism Office of Fisterra, you can get a Fisterrana. Idem for getting a Muxiana in Muxia.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum