• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Good news about the FindPenguins app!

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various routes 2016 - 2024
I received a notification from FindPenguins that the app is now completely free - it's no longer a two tiered system with basic free accounts and premium accounts.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It is one of my favorite apps. I've made memory books for both my partial Camino walk with my daughters as well as our vacations. I do hope they have improved the tracking from the start and end points of the day's walk. It will make the new 3d mapping stand out.

I upgraded to premium while traveling because I wanted to post more than the free allowed 6 pictures. They never notified me. Wonder if they are still charging me monthly. Our books are our cherished souvenirs of our caminos.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I do hope they have improved the tracking from the start and end points of the day's walk. It will make the new 3d mapping stand out.
Here's a FP video I made from one of my "foot prints" from this year's Camino.

View attachment findpenguins_story_f_6679be0643ad11-24169342.mp4
I upgraded to premium while traveling because I wanted to post more than the free allowed 6 pictures. They never notified me. Wonder if they are still charging me monthly
Check the notifications/messages in the app. Mine said that they were automatically canceling recurring payments for premium accounts.

I upgraded to premium while traveling because I wanted to post more than the free allowed 6 pictures. They never notified me. Wonder if they are still charging me monthly. Our books are our cherished souvenirs of our caminos.
The previously free allowed was 10 photos and 1 video per footprint (the caveat was that the number of footprints are totally unlimited so if you were so inclined as to have more pics on the same spot, all you had to do is created another footprint and name it *2)
With premium it went to 20 photos and 2 videos per footprint, and yes sometimes even that was not enough (IIRC I had like 3 or 4 in Burgos Cathedral alone!)

I would think that if they were charging you monthly - you would absolutely see that charge on your monthly CC statement. Unless of course you opted for annual subscription to begin with in which case you paid in full 1st time around (not to worry @trecile pointed out - you should get a refund)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, just reading up about the Altus poncho … is it 100% absolutely waterproof in heavy, even torrential rain? I am looking to buy a new rain jacket or poncho for my next Camino in March/April...
What is most prominent on the trail? I have a pair of three section telescoping poles. They don't fold into thirds but slide longer or shorter. They are great but still quite tall when compressed...
Hello, I'll be walking Frances in October starting from SJPdP. It's my first time walking. My backpack is now 7.5kg all included but I'm looking to reduce weight. I'm looking for advice re...
I am staying at Hospedería San Martin Pinario while I volunteer at the Pilgrim’s office in late October to early November. I’m wondering if they provide toiletries such as soap, shampoo, etc. or...
Hi I'm trying to figure out the right sock for me. I am 47 with diabetes and overweight. I have a wide width foot, and do tend to get blisters. It was recommended to wear compression socks from...
I received a notification from FindPenguins that the app is now completely free - it's no longer a two tiered system with basic free accounts and premium accounts. https://findpenguins.com/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.