• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

gite in Mecle?

BrianLCrabtree

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Podiensis, Olvidado, Invierno
Gronze mentions a gite in Mecle (3-3.5 km before Saint-Gervais-sur-Mare), but the gite is not in the Gronze list of accommodations, not in Miam Miam Dodo, not in the Buen Camino app, and not shown on Google Maps. A search of the forum has two posts from several years ago that mention a gite in Mecle but a more recent thread just says there is a fountain there and doesn't mention a gite. Must be closed, but I would be interested if it is still there. Does anyone know if there is still a gite in Mecle?

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Les Amoureaux du Chemin in Mecle is permanently closed according to a Google listing and a site called Gites d'Etapes et Refuges France et Frontieres. There was no answer at the email address. I didn't try the telephone numbers but they are apparently not mobile numbers.

Well if you can make it to St Gervais s/Mare, the Gîte Communal run by the Mairie there is great.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, Due to the bad weather we experienced last night, the Arles path between Accous and Somport is currently impassable. The RN134 road is also closed above Urdos. For the moment, I don’t know...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back