Getting to Ribadeo to do the Camino do Mar

moberschmidt

Walking is Life
Sep 27, 2023
Colorado
Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo 2022 Do Mar 2024 Ingles 2024 Finesterre
Greetings and Buen Camino all,
I will be walking the Camino do Mar, Ingles and then onto Muxia/Finesterre in August/September 2024. I am looking at various ways to get to the starting city of Ribadeo. It looks like a flight to Aviles/Oviedo and bus to Ribadeo is the most efficient timewise but interested in other options as well. I am using Rome To Rio as a search for possibilities and would appreciate any other insights. Some of the options have overnight layovers in Santiago or Lugo and I am wondering if there is anything to do in those cities from 0200-0800 other than sleep. I can get a hotel or something for few hours of sleep if needed.
TIA
Mark

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Jun 16, 2009
UK
camino-primitivo-2012.blogspot.co.uk
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We took the FEVE from Oviedo to Ribadeo - slower than the bus but an enjoyable ride on the railway. There are a very limited number of trains per day but the bus and rail stations are close together so you could decide when you arrive. Note that access to the FEVE booking office and lines in Oviedo are 'upstairs' above the main RENFE line. Going via either Lugo or Santiago is not really a good way IMO. However if you want to return via Ribadeo/Oveido at the end of your Camino then Santiago- Lugo-Ribadeo on the bus(es) and FEVE Ribadeo to Oviedo is a good idea. We have only reached Oviedo on the FEVE from Santander but I believe that there is a bus from Asturias (Oviedo) airport into Oviedo
Buen Camino.

Reactions: moberschmidt

pilgrimjim

Apr 29, 2022
new york
Frances. 2017
Do Mar/Ingles. 2022
Greetings and Buen Camino all,
I will be walking the Camino do Mar, Ingles and then onto Muxia/Finesterre in August/September 2024. I am looking at various ways to get to the starting city of Ribadeo. It looks like a flight to Aviles/Oviedo and bus to Ribadeo is the most efficient timewise but interested in other options as well. I am using Rome To Rio as a search for possibilities and would appreciate any other insights. Some of the options have overnight layovers in Santiago or Lugo and I am wondering if there is anything to do in those cities from 0200-0800 other than sleep. I can get a hotel or something for few hours of sleep if needed.
TIA
Mark
We faced the same issue in 2022 and decided to stay at a hostel in Ribadeo that offered shuttle service from the airport for a charge. Worked well. Enjoy the DelMar. It’s awe inspiring!

Reactions: moberschmidt
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

moberschmidt

Walking is Life
Sep 27, 2023
Colorado
Primitivo 2022 Do Mar 2024 Ingles 2024 Finesterre
We took the FEVE from Oviedo to Ribadeo - slower than the bus but an enjoyable ride on the railway. There are a very limited number of trains per day but the bus and rail stations are close together so you could decide when you arrive. Note that access to the FEVE booking office and lines in Oviedo are 'upstairs' above the main RENFE line. Going via either Lugo or Santiago is not really a good way IMO. However if you want to return via Ribadeo/Oveido at the end of your Camino then Santiago- Lugo-Ribadeo on the bus(es) and FEVE Ribadeo to Oviedo is a good idea. We have only reached Oviedo on the FEVE from Santander but I believe that there is a bus from Asturias (Oviedo) airport into Oviedo
Buen Camino.
thank you

Reactions: Tia Valeria
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides