• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

From LePuy in March

amiglar

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2023 / Le Puy 2025
Hey everyone! I was planning to walk the Camino Le Puy / Via Podiensis in March 2025. I am really struggling to find out whether albergues/ hostels are already open during that time. I read that some of you have experience walking this Camino during March - do you have any recommendations or up-to-date websites with opening hours of hostels on the way? Every advice is appreciated -thanks in advance.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
My wife did that walk this year from April 13 to June 9th. Accommodation needed to be booked as in places it was tight. She enjoyed the walk but mostly though, the weather was terrible!

Defiantly get Miam Miam Dodo. She had the book, which is in French (I think also available in German). I ordered the book direct from the Miam Miam Dodo website, delivery was very quick.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Have a look at Gronze.com which covers this route. Seasonal gîtes d'étape normally don't open until April 1 when the season really begins. Expect some snow in the higher altitudes. There will be places which are "open all year" but call in advance to make sure they will be open when you plan to be there in case of a "Fermeture exceptionnelle."

Hey everyone! I was planning to walk the Camino Le Puy / Via Podiensis in March 2025. I am really struggling to find out whether albergues/ hostels are already open during that time. I read that some of you have experience walking this Camino during March - do you have any recommendations or up-to-date websites with opening hours of hostels on the way? Every advice is appreciated -thanks in advance.
The issue is not whether lodging is open/available; the issue is 'struggling' with the matter. Possible unavailable lodging is not making you 'struggle;' rather, your mind is making you struggle. Drop the whole matter; let be what will be. The goal on a journey is not to make it perfect or minimize your concerns or worries since your concerns and worries are manufactured by you and not by the camino itself. So what is you encounter a lodging place closed? With are that is going on in the world and with one's self this is the concern? I think not. Chuck

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Your best bet might be to inquire directly with the tourist office in Le Puy:

I have hiked across the Aubrac Plateau twice and missed a late April snowfall by just one day. The year previous my wife and I found that many gites and small hotels closed down the first week in October. That was in 2013, so my experience is dated. So I would ask the tourist office.

Bon chemin.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey everyone! I was planning to walk the Camino Le Puy / Via Podiensis in March 2025. I am really struggling to find out whether albergues/ hostels are already open during that time. I read that...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back