Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Friday is Upon Us!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Just a tad bit of reality for all pilgrims in Spain, in France, in Portugal, or from Germany. I realize you have great legitimate concerns around which boots to wear , which Camino, which albergue, where to eat - however do also consider the local people. In the midst of the 2024 FIFA Euro Cup, so this Friday Portugal faces France 2200 just as you want to sleep and Spain faces Germany 1700 bars and restaurants will be packed. Expect a lot of noise and depending on the results one may also expect great happiness, cars honking, and dancing in the streets or a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.
כל הרגשות:

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Yes I live in Germany, just last weekend it was a little hard to sleep - every (German) game day is the same at the moment. Fortunately where I live there are lots of young children so everybody was quiet by one am.....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes I live in Germany, just last weekend it was a little hard to sleep - every (German) game day is the same at the moment. Fortunately where I live there are lots of young children so everybody was quiet by one am.....
They will all be quieter still after the Spain game :p

Just a tad bit of reality for all pilgrims in Spain, in France, in Portugal, or from Germany. I realize you have great legitimate concerns around which boots to wear , which Camino, which albergue, where to eat - however do also consider the local people. In the midst of the 2024 FIFA Euro Cup, so this Friday Portugal faces France 2200 just as you want to sleep and Spain faces Germany 1700 bars and restaurants will be packed. Expect a lot of noise and depending on the results one may also expect great happiness, cars honking, and dancing in the streets or a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.
כל הרגשות:
So eat early if you are in Spain. I was in a restaurant, In Assisi, years ago when Italy was playing. Service came to a near total halt!!! Luckily we had already been served our food!! But refills on drinks was impossible and getting the bill to pay took about an hour!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Multiagency rescue... Hope pilgrim concerned is OK..
Hello! Brand new here :) Very excited but also very nervous about this Upcoming 1st trial for 3/4 days SJPDP to Pamplona in late September. My first question: after flying from US New York area...
@Monasp has just posted the SJPDP figures for pilgrims recorded at the pilgrim office for the first six months of this year. Up a little over 4% on the same period last year. The pdf file is on...
Hi, folks: I'm seeing conflicting reports about the ruins at San Anton. Will the albergue be open by early August?
My knees don’t agree with pavement, asfaltroads, so I’m planning to take taxi through Logroño. Anybody knows where it could be logical to hopp of and continue walking?
Hello everyone! I am planning to walk the Camino Frances starting Sept 13th this year and need some advice regarding my first night in SJPDP. I booked a private albergue just in case because I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.