Search 69,459 Camino Questions

First Time - SJPdeP to Puente La Reina

shannod2

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2024
Hello,

I have just booked my return flights to spend a week 12-16th August on the first stages of the Frances.

From my research I plan to walk from SJPdeP, Roncesvalles, Zubiri, Pamplona and Puenta La Reina with a night in San Sebastián before flying home.

If finishing my walk in Puenta La Reina would prior pilgrims recommend spending the night there to experience the town, if not walking the following day

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If you are finishing your walk in Puenta La Reigna- where would you be walking the following day? 🙄

Just take a day to wind down and relax

Puente La Reina is a most delightful Spanish town along The Way for spending the night. I’ve been through there twice and enjoyed my stay each time. Just getting to see and cross the bridge there is a highlight of this section of the Camino.

I couldn’t quite tell from your post if you were walking on one more day. If so, it’s a nice section between Puenta La Reina and Estella with come classic Camino views on your way into and out of Cirauqui. Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Puente La Reina is a most delightful Spanish town along The Way for spending the night. I’ve been through there twice and enjoyed my stay each time. Just getting to see and cross the bridge there is a highlight of this section of the Camino.

I couldn’t quite tell from your post if you were walking on one more day. If so, it’s a nice section between Puenta La Reina and Estella with come classic Camino views on your way into and out of Cirauqui. Buen Camino.
Puenta la Reina is one of my favorite towns on this Camino. Charming main street with nice outdoor seating at restaurants, beautiful bridge and nice relaxed feel. I have been twice and wouldn’t mind going again.

Thank you . I’m planning to stop there and then get a bus to San Sebastián. My dilemma was whether I leave on the day, or stay overnight - which I will do now!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You could save PlR for your "next" trip. Depending on the bus schedule to San Sebastian, you could do a walk around and see much of it in an hour or two.
Looks like buses connect to Estella and then San Sebastian, so may as well walk to Estella and catch a bus, if there is time.

St Jean to Puente was our first foray on the Camino. We stayed that final night there and had a wonderful farewell dinner with fellow pilgrims from our night in Orisson.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m planning to stop there and then get a bus to San Sebastián. My dilemma was whether I leave on the day, or stay overnight - which I will do now!
Good choice! Like you, I am a section walker. I always prefer to stay my last night in the town where I stopped instead of rushing off. It is a "feel good" ending. And I agree with others that Puente la Reina is a charming town with a nice relaxed feel. We asked at our small hotel for a recommendation of where to eat. They proposed a restaurant on the main street and another one in a different street where we went to. I think that there was no pilgrim in sight, we really felt like being in Spain ;). But a farewell dinner with people you may have met while waking is also a nice ending.

Most read last week in this forum

I can’t believe I’m just starting my 4th week on the Camino! Frómista to Carrión de los Condes, 12.5 miles, 20.11 Km. A rather uneventful day, which I don’t mind after yesterday’s intense day...
Hello all, I'm planing a 10-14 day walk from SJPP to .. as far as I get. Will be walking a slower pace (about 8 miles) and plan to cross from SJPP to Roncevalles in 2 days. Once leaving...
Hi, I’ve walked four Caminos in the past and hope to do another in June next year, though my arthritis might have another opinion… We all walk our own Camino our own way… I’ve still got the...
It's almost there thankfully the big walk begins tomorrow, raining all day according to the forecast. Trying to get a few hours sleep tonight and a good breakfast in the morning. I've done all my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back