• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Finding the start of the Camino Madrid

cindyjo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
Camino del Norte /Primitivo (2014)
Chemin la Puy (2016)
Camino Portuguese (2017)
Hi all, I’m sitting in the Rodilla Cafe on Plaza Castilla after looking for an arrow or some sign to show the start of the Camino Madrid. My sister and I hope to begin walking tomorrow morning, but we’re unsure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked it in 2019, so it may be different now, but back then the church referenced above was the unofficial starting point for the Camino. However, there were no yellow arrows until you got to Plaza de Castilla.

So I made my own way from the church to the Plaza. Heading north up the street, both before and after Cafe Rodilla, there were yelpow arrows. Look on street lights, street lamps, kerbs, buildings, etc.

But head north from Cafe Rodilla and you should find some. Good luck! It’s a great Camino.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
A note from my Camino Madrid blog from Sept 23 - went to Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista and a waited until 1800 for it to open. Turns out there is a Camino marker and map for the Camino in the square outside the church now.

And if you want to pick up a Camino de Madrid credential at the Iglesia, be sure to have your passport with you so they can fill in your passport number on the credential. I didn’t have mine with me, but when I promised to write the number in as soon as I returned to my hotel, I was allowed to receive my credential.😊

You can download the Gronze Map app, but you do need an internet connection for it to work.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hi all, I’m sitting in the Rodilla Cafe on Plaza Castilla after looking for an arrow or some sign to show the start of the Camino Madrid. My sister and I hope to begin walking tomorrow morning, but we’re unsure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂
IMG_20230531_205752256_HDR.jpg

The Camino Madrid start here

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I'll be walking the Camino Madrid, beginning in April. Any updated information would be appreciated in terms of accommodation, etc. I am now in my late seventies and would like to walk shorter...
Hi all, I’m sitting in the Rodilla Cafe on Plaza Castilla after looking for an arrow or some sign to show the start of the Camino Madrid. My sister and I hope to begin walking tomorrow morning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.