Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alert Extremely nasty weather coming to Portugal and Galicia later this week!

Topics realted to Hazards on the camino de Santiago

Friend from Barquinha

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
1727025327047.jpeg''
From a Portuguese meteorologist who posts on X/Twitter:

Translation of his comments:

"And now the significant maps and predicted highs for the next 3 days! We consider everyone warned about the first autumnal event of the season! Let no one be caught off guard! Thank you for your attention."

"Ter" and "Qua" are short for the Portuguese terms for Tuesday and Wednesday. An earlier comment suggested this was a big storm blowing in from the southwest, to be followed by a low and temperatures well below normal.

Bom caminho and be sure you've got your raingear!
:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I just read an update in Publico about the weather for the week, and it adds details suggesting that north of the mouth of the Mondego (east>west river through Coimbra) will get the worst of the weather; Tuesday night through Thursday; heavy rain and possibly high winds as well.

So anyone on the caminho from Porto north is likely to be subject to this. It also warns about the heavy rainfall in the areas that have had wildfires. Possibly of landslides because the land may be destabilized after losing its vegetation.

So take care!

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking the Camino Portuguese today and the fires outside of Albergaría a Velha forced us to evacuate to Sao Joao da Madeira. I am trying to find the best resource to check on our path to...
Hi, I’m Renee and I was supposed to start my Camino Portugues today in Porto. Yesterday I arrived early in the morning, but my backpack never did. The lost&found at the airport told me to not...
Hi, We are in Villa Nova D’Arosa and I wanted to stay in the Monastery tomorrow night, but my daughter does not want to. She wants to find a place halfway so we don’t have so far to walk to...
I do want to earn the Compostela. But I also want to do a more manageable and leisurely pace and not overdo it. Based on the Camino Ninja app, here is the route I plan (excludes travel days): Day...
Unfortunately I left my Brierley guide at home. Does anyone know where one can be purchased in Porto, preferably near SAo Bento. The Livraria Lello is far too difficult to get into. Thank you
Today I lost a credit card, debit card and military ID on the Portuguese Way somewhere around Arcos Portugal.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.