• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Equipment for November Camino

walkonrocks

Time of past OR future Camino
October 31st to November 10th
Hi everyone,

I'm planing to do the Camino from October 31st - November 10th.
Here's my packing list that I have put together.
  • Backpack 36 - 40 Liter with Cover
  • Trail Shoes (2 pairs) was planning on a pair of Salomon and maybe a softer Hoka
  • Indoor Shoes for Hostels
  • 3 Pairs of Wool Hiking Socks
  • 2 Pairs of Wool 1 Synthetic Hiking Undershorts
  • 2 Pairs pairs of Wool 1 pair Synthetic Hiking T-Shirts (2 SS / 1 LS)
  • 1 pair Hiking Pants
  • 1 pair Hiking Shorts
  • 1 Mid Layer Fleece )
  • Rain Jacket and or a Rainponcho
  • Sweatpants for evenings
  • 2 T-Shirts
  • 1 Sweatshirt
  • Rain Hat
  • Deo
  • Shower Gel
  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrush
  • Vaseline / Body Glide
  • Dude Wipes
  • Headlamp

• Journal & Pen for Journaling
  • Phone
  • Two power banks
What is everyone's thought and experience. Especially considering that it's November ?
Any insights on shoes ?
Thanks,
Rocco

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I would add hat, sunglasses, pack cover, stuff sacks/dry bags/Zip loc bags for clothes, water bottles, ear plugs, blister kit, phone charger, and adapter plug. Look at some options for laundry soap (there is no end of discussion on that topic; shampoo works just as well in a pinch). I'd add a light sleeping bag (40 degrees F). I'm debating carrying the Brierly guide this spring, the many apps out there would get you where you want to go.

The two tee shirts seem like you could do without. You do not need a second pair of trail shoes. If you've got a mid-layer fleece, then you can get by without the sweat shirt. The rain hat is not likely needed, as I'd expect that you'd have on built into your poncho or rain jacket. Dude Wipes are unnecessary -- you can get a shower every day. I personally believe shower gel is excess weight and that a soap bar would serve you better, but YMMV. I suspect you could get by on one power bank (you can find a cheap, effective one here for about $20), and if you are just using off-line maps then you could probably get by without one.

Shoes are a super-personal choice. There are lots of threads on them on the forum. Start with Dave Bugg's post here. And then go to footwear and care for a vast selection of posts on all-things-feet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not sure which Camino but i wear a pair of Hoka Stinson ATR 6 that's it; if comfortable all day you don't need more!!!
2 ss t shirts and a pair of arm sleeves, long sleeve puffy, plus LW rain jacket and rain kilt. 2 zip off pants only one set of legs (equals two long and to shorts)
2 socks ,2 briefs for 28 days walking. If cold wear everything!

Last edited:
I take one set of clothes for day and one for night. Maybe one extra t-shirt for sleeping.

I did not see a sleeping bag?

Are sleeping bags needed in the hostels ? I’m probably Naive and thought that they’d offer bed linens and duvets in every hostel

On the Camino the primary pilgrim hostel is called an albergue. You may be provided a disposable fitted sheet and pillowcase, but that's pretty much it. You will likely need a sleeping bag in November. Some places do have seldom washed blankets, but don't depend on that.

If you will stay in private rooms and hotels usually bedding will be provided.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

After my first Camino, I made several adjustments to my packing list for this year in the hope of being more efficient. Here’s a breakdown of what I changed and why: Lighting: Last time, I didn't...
The first step is to take inventory of your belongings. You may already have some of these items at home. Remember these helpful tips to avoid common pains. Waterproof: Waterproof Shoes...
Hi all! Leaving shortly for the frances from SJPP and i would like to check if im doing well packing wise: Clothing incl what i will wear, so total: 1 short sleeve sports T 1 2nd skin layer...
Grateful if anyone can recommend a good phone app which allow us to download the Camino Frances maps and access them offline.
Hi All! I’m on the Camino right now and keep seeing amazing Camino cycling jerseys. Does anyone know where in Spain or Santiago I could find them? I’m currently in Portomarin, enroute to Santiago...
Macabi Skirt: Red, Medium, Regular. $30+postage. US only. VERY gently used. I'm not good with camera; see website for description. No snags or loose threads. Elastic waistband, waist cord...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.