Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Drive through Logroño

Akristto

Time of past OR future Camino
-17, -18, -22 Camino Frances -24 Camino del Norte
My knees don’t agree with pavement, asfaltroads, so I’m planning to take taxi through Logroño. Anybody knows where it could be logical to hopp of and continue walking?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Quite a lot of the exit is on a park path. Depends on where you are staying, I suppose. There are buses as well as taxis, it is a fair sized town as Camino towns go. Why not ask at the place you are staying at? Unless you are booking everything in advance, of course.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My knees don’t agree with pavement, asfaltroads, so I’m planning to take taxi through Logroño. Anybody knows where it could be logical to hopp of and continue walking?
Hmm, if your knees can’t handle the 5km of pavement that is the passage through Logrono then I’ll suggest you have a significant problem. There’s a lot more tarmac, compacted gravel, senda and other hard surfaces to come before you hit the pavements of Santiago. Walking poles are likely to benefit your knees far more than a taxi ride.
Buena suerte

Logroño is one of my favorite places on the Francés. It would be a shame to miss it entirely.

Hmm, if your knees can’t handle the 5km of pavement that is the passage through Logrono then I’ll suggest you have a significant problem. There’s a lot more tarmac, compacted gravel, senda and other hard surfaces to come before you hit the pavements of Santiago. Walking poles are likely to benefit your knees far more than a taxi ride.
Buena suerte
I know. This is my fifth Camino, it is just now I’m struggling a bit. Just a thought and question:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked through Logroño, and it went well👍no worries. Buen Camino!
The long walk on pavement into Burgos on road is one part that was less enjoyable for me. I also missed the turn off to the nicer pathway into Burgos, so went cross country through industrial areas to find it. Too much concrete or asphalt that day for sure. Leon too had a fair amount of hard pavements on the way in and out too.

I haven't clicked and quoted anyone, again, in this thread because I want to avoid being accused of the cult of taking it personally, but I find some of the comments strange at least. (strange /streɪn(d)ʒ/ unusual or surprising; difficult to understand or explain)

If a Pilgrim (pilgrim) aspires to walk to Santiago, from wherever, on that way they will encounter mud, loose rock, gravel, senda, brick and/or concrete paving, asphalt, cobbles and occasionally running water. There is not, there cannot be, too much or too little of any of those. There is the precise amount that there is, no more nor any less.

If a pilgrim wishes to wander forested tracks and lush green fields and occasionally glimpse the Unicorns grazing orchids then, perhaps, they should choose their route with care. The Camino provides. The Camino provides itself, its exact self, nothing else. It is there and those that wish to can walk it.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Multiagency rescue... Hope pilgrim concerned is OK..
@Monasp has just posted the SJPDP figures for pilgrims recorded at the pilgrim office for the first six months of this year. Up a little over 4% on the same period last year. The pdf file is on...
Hi, folks: I'm seeing conflicting reports about the ruins at San Anton. Will the albergue be open by early August?
Hello! Brand new here :) Very excited but also very nervous about this Upcoming 1st trial for 3/4 days SJPDP to Pamplona in late September. My first question: after flying from US New York area...
Hello everyone! I am planning to walk the Camino Frances starting Sept 13th this year and need some advice regarding my first night in SJPDP. I booked a private albergue just in case because I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back