• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do I need 2 stamps each day to get the distance certificate?

Jmancebo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés
I started walking in Roncesvalles and tomorrow I am arriving to Santiago. I know that I need two stamps each day in the las 100km to get the Compostela. But do I need two stamps each day from the beginning to get the distance certificate? Because I have two or more stamps each day in the most of the places, but some days I just have one stamp (because I was in a village were it was basically nothing).

Thanks in advance.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Basically you tell the clerk where you started out. They look up the official distance on the data base (or fudge it if you walked some weird hybrid Camino) and enter that.
Remember to buy a cardboard cylinder to keep the certificates safe - you've earned them so look after them.

Basically you tell the clerk where you started out. They look up the official distance on the data base (or fudge it if you walked some weird hybrid Camino) and enter that.
I was disappointed not to get a distance certificate this year showing the kilometers I walked on the Aragonés, Francés, and Invierno in one continuous walk. I had kept track of my distance, but the volunteer wasn't able to do anything but enter one of the routes I walked and give me the standard distance for that route.

Five years ago I also walked a hybrid Camino: Francés - Salvador - Norte, and kept track of my distance. The volunteer was only too happy to take that information from me for my distance certificate.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When The Beloved and I walked the Vasco, Frances, Salvador, Primitivo, Verde, Norte, Frances combination a few years ago the volunteer on the counter went a bit wide-eyed. Their supervisor told us we were supposed to walk to Santiago and not just wander about. We then spent a pleasant 10 minutes comparing our reckoning with the PO’s standard tables and cheerfully agreed a distance for The Beloved’s certificate. It may have helped that the Vasco, Santo Domingo to Leon, the Salvador and Primitivo to Lugo are all “known”. At that time the Verde did not count (still doesn’t I think) but that aberration was quietly ignored. I suspect that the km counted and certified were the ones measurable from Lugo to Santiago by the “recognized route”. ‘Sall a larf innit

I was disappointed not to get a distance certificate this year showing the kilometers I walked on the Aragonés, Francés, and Invierno in one continuous walk. I had kept track of my distance, but the volunteer wasn't able to do anything but enter one of the routes I walked and give me the standard distance for that route.

Five years ago I also walked a hybrid Camino: Francés - Salvador - Norte, and kept track of my distance. The volunteer was only too happy to take that information from me for my distance certificate.
Sadly, the clerck in the first instance should have asked for advice rather than make the unilateral decision and thereby shortchange in what you rightly earned.

The second clerk did the right thing and gave you the much earned credit. I was also fortunate this year when I walked the Portuguese from Lisbon following La Senda Litoral from Porto where upon arrival at pilgrim office in Santiago I happen to get the most senior of the clerks who recognized the additional distance vs the Central and granted me the correct distance on my certificate.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

This made for an exciting morning for me and a few pilgrims in the hills just before El Acebo today. A Spanish lady took charge and had us sit down…not sure that was the right course of action...
I'd like to share an observation that I've witnessed a few times on this camino that I think needs some attention and that is regarding elderly pilgrims traveling with family. Yesterday I...
Following the horrors of bed bugs at the Paris Olympics, I saw this today. "A powdered clay nwn as Terre de Sommieres kills them if they walk on it" The Times of London. Tues 10th Sept 2024
Usually, when I go on a Camino, I take gloves. These are mainly for those chilly, damp mornings when it's raining slightly. However, I've found that few gloves are waterproof, and the ones tend to...
Not exactly Camino related, but I was flabbergasted by this story of a hiker that was lost for 24 hours who ignored rescuers' calls because 'they didn't recognize the number'...
Hola, todos. When I first attempted the Camino in 2001 I caried a (UK) CSJ guidebook. Light and very useful to find the right path and next albergue. Now I'm looking to return to finish...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back