• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Del Salvador attempt in 4 days starting this sunday, any advice?

ksoltysiak

Time of past OR future Camino
26/05/24 to 15/06/24: San Salvador + Primitivo
Hey friends!

As mentionned in the title, I'm going to start the del Salvador this sunday and I aim to complete it in 4 days (if my legs allow it... I should be ok but I've been known to be too optimistic).

The only source I have for this is another post on this forum : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/can-salvador-be-done-in-4-days.75621/

While it's full of good advice, it's also two years old. I was wondering if anyone had anything else to add, or any corrections to make?

It seems to boil down to 1/ don't forget to stock up on food and water and check which towns can provide and 2/ call ahead and try to book (or at least to check if the albergue is open), but if there's anything else I need to know, I'm all ears :)

And while I'm at it, if anyone is planning on doing del Salvador and would like me to check anything, please ask and I'll try to gather some intel while on my way if I can!

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day :)

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I was just about to write the recommendation that if you want to walk it in 4 days, the key is to make the first day to Pola de Gordón, but then I saw that I had said that same thing when I responded to the question asked in the thread you linked!

I don’t think much has changed in the two years since that thread.

The obvious four day stages are Pola de Gordón - Pajares - Pola de Lena - Oviedo

I have also done the Salvador in 5 days and in 6 days and it’s spectacular however you walk it. Walking it in 4 days means you will miss the two most wonderful albergues on the route - Pajares (wonderful for the hospitalera) and Bendueños (wonderful for the hospitalera, the physical facilities, the meals, the views, and the adjacent church).

Hope you have good weather! Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks for the details :) I’m starting tomorrow, weather should be adequate (for my taste at least), all I need is a restful night to offset the lousy one I had in my nighttrain yesterday.

I’ll try and post live updates on a separate thread if I’m not too tired or too busy sharing drinks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for the details :) I’m starting tomorrow, weather should be adequate (for my taste at least), all I need is a restful night to offset the lousy one I had in my nighttrain yesterday.

I’ll try and post live updates on a separate thread if I’m not too tired or too busy sharing drinks!
Buen Camino

Wish you friendful weather, good sleep and lots of those shared drinks.

Most read last week in this forum

So for some context... I started the Camino Frances from St Jean waaaay back in August 2016, and walked to Burgos. In spring of 2018, I did the stretch from Burgos to Leon. It was April, and all...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back