• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • October the 12th 2004 I posted the first post here on this forum. 20 years have passed. Thank you for being such a good group of people and for hanging around. More here in this thread. All the best from Santiago, Ivar
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Currency exchange

dailycamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Does anyone know if there’s an actual currency exchange place in St. Jean? I am aware that I can get money out of ATM machines. Thanks in advance!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino
Does anyone know if there’s an actual currency exchange place in St. Jean? I am aware that I can get money out of ATM machines. Thanks in advance!
Godgle says “No”. There’s unlikely to be a Bureau de Change in StJ. Although it sits on a national border it isn’t an international entrepôt nor does it sit on a currency border.

ATM’s are effective Bureaus de Change. If you’re trying to launder a few k/$ in loose folding then Paris or Bordeaux offer the best opportunities but the worst exchange rates

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
ATM's are the way to go. The Exchange Bureau is as dead as American Express travel checks.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum