Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Credential Stamp Requirements

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2024
Hi All! I’m on Day 26 from starting in Irún and have gathered a stamp each day. Tomorrow, I’ll be passing into Galicia and final 8-9 days to Santiago. Will I need to gather 2 stamps per day during the last 200 km to qualify for the certification?
And it has been an INCREDIBLY journey so far and meeting WONDERFUL pilgrims. Having a bit of separation anxiety leaving the Cantabria Sea behind!

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3172.jpeg
    IMG_3172.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3170.jpeg
    IMG_3170.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 4C7B17DF-013F-4D79-9E8C-8A19D533F319.jpeg
    4C7B17DF-013F-4D79-9E8C-8A19D533F319.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you are cycling then you need two stamps per day for the final 200km. Walkers need two per day for the final 100km. People who have walked or cycled longer distances sometimes report being given a Compostela with only one stamp per day but why take the risk of refusal if the Compostela is important to you? The pilgrim office rule is very clear.

Your photos are nice. Are you on foot?You should get two stamps a day once you reach Baamonde, which is about 100km out. One at your accomodation and one at your first bar stop is an easy rule of thumb.

Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.

Most read last week in this forum

I want to stay in the Albergue in Isla, just after Noja. I think Isla used to be on a stage route. It isn't any longer. Does anyone know if it is signposted to and from Isla??
Lost on Camino Norte between Getaria and Deba on Friday, September 13th. In a black sunglass cloth bag. Please advise if found. Thanks
Gronse offers an alternative and shorter route between Ontón and Castro Urdiales with the caution that it is walking on the N634 highway. We did it today with no problems and enjoyed lovely views...
Hello all, I lost my bluetooth earbuds last Monday 9th Sep in Guemes. I contacted the albergue but no joy there. If anybody has come across them I'd be so grateful to have them back as they were a...
Hi All! I’m on Day 26 from starting in Irún and have gathered a stamp each day. Tomorrow, I’ll be passing into Galicia and final 8-9 days to Santiago. Will I need to gather 2 stamps per day during...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.