Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cool sello in Lalín

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stopped by the Punto de Información al Peregrino in Lalín today and got this really cool wax sello with a hórreo charm. (the charms vary, sometimes it's a concha)

View attachment 173067

Here are the hours

View attachment 173068
We got one from there last Spring.
I stopped by the Punto de Información al Peregrino in Lalín today and got this really cool wax sello with a hórreo charm. (the charms vary, sometimes it's a concha)

View attachment 173067

Here are the hours

View attachment 173068
We got one from there last March.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626-181642_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626-181642_Photos.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 27
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It was a real treat to meet Daniel and talk about his and his pals’ efforts. He did confess that it was at times hard to keep upbeat when after all of that painstaking work, the donativo box went untouched. I think I remember that he told me there were no public funds going into the effort.

So, peregrinos, when you get what is probably the coolest sello ever put into your credential, be generous!

And now having searched for about 20 minutes for my 2024 credential, I am sorry to say that it seems to have walked away. I could have sworn I put it with all my others, but I just can’t find it!!! If and when I do, I’ll post my sello, because I think the little charm I got was different from the ones posted.

It was a real treat to meet Daniel and talk about his and his pals’ efforts. He did confess that it was at times hard to keep upbeat when after all of that painstaking work, the donativo box went untouched. I think I remember that he told me there were no public funds going into the effort.

So, peregrinos, when you get what is probably the coolest sello ever put into your credential, be generous!

I'm so embarrassed now. I didn't even see a donation box.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m so embarrassed now. I didn't even see a donation box.
It’s quite hidden and doesn’t have a sign on it. He also gifted us shells because we were admiring the more ‘rustic’ ones he had compared with the ‘commercial’ pristine white ones we have, and we kept offering to buy them until he finally mentioned the donation box. Unfortunately we had hardly any coins left after using most of them for the washing machine at the albergue. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, I have read that that Daniel and the rest of the Lalin team rely on donations. The donation box was on the righthand side of the counter the day we were there.

A couple of snaps: Daniel stamping one of pur credentials and another of us with him. We had walked in heavy rain all day so his very warm welcome was wonderful.

Attachments

• 20240629_085126.jpg
    20240629_085126.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1697565324016.jpg
    FB_IMG_1697565324016.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
He needs to keep his donation box in plain view and write on it. It's a shame he lacks donations and yet, apparently many who stop by for a sello or stay overnight do not see it.😐
Yes, even though it was in plain view, I didn’t see it and had to ask him — ¿no hay para donativos?

I have had great luck getting donations to Camino people/places in Spain and Portugal by paying attention to which forum members are walking when and then contacting them privately to see about having them make a donation on my behalf. I’ve transferred money by zelle and by check.

I have had great luck getting donations to Camino people/places in Spain and Portugal by paying attention to which forum members are walking when and then contacting them privately to see about having them make a donation on my behalf. I’ve transferred money by zelle and by check.
Oh! What a good idea!!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi people Someone sent me an sms about a pilgrim got robbed at Ponferada? Does anyone have a thread to this? And was that on the Invierno? Im on camino, lady and was planning this way? Gracias...
I stopped by the Punto de Información al Peregrino in Lalín today and got this really cool wax sello with a hórreo charm. (the charms vary, sometimes it's a concha)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back