Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Conditions as of 8 June '24

Telelama

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances '14, '15
Portuguese '16
Primitivo '23, '24
We found white arrows spray painted in nearly the same places as the green arrows indicating exactly the same route. This makes the turns much easier to see. The white arrows were consistent throughout the route from Lugo to Friol.

They seemed to disappear in the middle of the route between Friol and Sobrado dox Monxes. However, the green arrows appear to be fresh, so they're also easy to see. It appeared that in some places a green arrow was spray painted over the white arrows.

The white arrows do move away from the Verde right as you enter the gate to the Galacian horse sanctuary(?). Again, the green arrows indicating the Verde appear to be fresh and easy to follow.

Great conditions from Lugo to Friol. Some mud, but easily navigated. We ran into some very, very muddy conditions near Candaide on the route to Sobrado. Long stretches with high, close walls on each side so there's little chance to escape the mud. It wasn't the kind of mud to suck your shoes off, but it gets into every cranny of your shoes, socks and feet.

We didn't see any other people on the route to Lugo, but know of four others in our wonderful group that walked the Verde too. We saw them in Friol. Only saw one person on the Verde to Sobrado, until we reached the Norte.

Overall, great time, would recommend to a friend!

Attachments

• 20240608_113212.jpg
    20240608_113212.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,659
  • 20240608_093225.jpg
    20240608_093225.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240608_092153.jpg
    20240608_092153.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
How did it go?
It went on well! Apart from that one section were a trickle of a stream has taken over the path and you end up having to walk through it getting wet and a bit muddy like you mentioned. And near the same area a lane well churned up by cows but passable avoiding mud.
One or two places going backwards which were tricky to figure out the correct direction- though for the most part there were plenty of green arrows for heading to SdeC (just not for me going to Lugo.)
There were 2 pilgrims staying in Friol but didn't meet them as they arrived late afternoon- I just saw them as I headed to the shop. Met 2 young pilgrims near Lugo but they were so wrapped up in a conversation they didn't even acknowledge that I had stepped off the path to let them pass on a narrow section. I did meet a local man from Lugo who was very passionate about the camino and knew all about the camino verde - but he was worried I was walking alone backwards heading to Rome.
Quite enjoyed the whole thing apart from the road walking on the Camino Norte section- but as I was heading backwards I got that over first and then enjoyed the more rural nature of the Verde.

It went on well! Apart from that one section were a trickle of a stream has taken over the path and you end up having to walk through it getting wet and a bit muddy like you mentioned. And near the same area a lane well churned up by cows but passable avoiding mud.
One or two places going backwards which were tricky to figure out the correct direction- though for the most part there were plenty of green arrows for heading to SdeC (just not for me going to Lugo.)
There were 2 pilgrims staying in Friol but didn't meet them as they arrived late afternoon- I just saw them as I headed to the shop. Met 2 young pilgrims near Lugo but they were so wrapped up in a conversation they didn't even acknowledge that I had stepped off the path to let them pass on a narrow section. I did meet a local man from Lugo who was very passionate about the camino and knew all about the camino verde - but he was worried I was walking alone backwards heading to Rome.
Quite enjoyed the whole thing apart from the road walking on the Camino Norte section- but as I was heading backwards I got that over first and then enjoyed the more rural nature of the Verde.
Sounds great! Thanks for the follow-up

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back