• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Church of St James the Apostle in Moscow

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I found an interesting article on a Photo-Bank website about the mystery of old Russian maps.
It includes a picture of the first Russian plan of Moscow drawn by the architect Ivan Michurin which lists 323 churches, including No.55 The Church of St James the Apostle.

http://www.wlf-photobank.com/mysteries_engl.html

I also found reference to a "St. James the Apostle Lutheran Church" in Novokuznetsk, Siberia. Unfortunately, I won't be going to Siberia this year!

Attachments

• Moscow.jpg
    Moscow.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Church_of_Saint_James_in_Kazyonnaya_Sloboda_00.jpg
    Church_of_Saint_James_in_Kazyonnaya_Sloboda_00.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 362
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.

Most read last week in this forum

Stopped in at a Starbucks in Vancouver today. I don’t care for Starbucks but was with a friend who likes it. A latte or similar at Starbucks costs around €4. That’s a typical price for any coffee...
Hi everyone, I leave for my Camino in a few short weeks and am trying to figure out what the washing machine situation is. I will be traveling on the CP from Porto and hoping to take the coastal...
The affect of a church on each of us is highly subjective and possibly based on many considerations, including; location, architecture, a particular statue, perhaps a memory inspired by an art...
76 year old male looking to do another Camino around April 2025. Completed CF from SJPP in 2022 and Portuguese from Porto earlier this year. I’ve looked at del Norte, but wanted to keep days...
Dear Forum Members, I’m reaching out to invite those planning to walk the Camino de Santiago to participate in a research study aimed at exploring the effects of the Camino pilgrimage on health...
A Stolperstein is a ten-centimetre (3.9 in) concrete cube bearing a brass plate inscribed with the name and life dates of victims of Nazi extermination or persecution. Literally, it means...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back