• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Chrissy on the Camino Ingles

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
Hi all,
I'm still in Spain and we are spending two days in A CORUNA, having taken an early morning train here after walking the Invierno from Ponferrada to Monforte de Lemos.

The weather here has been pretty good, especially from about 11:00am to 4:00ishpm, when it stays dry, warm, and the sun pops in and out of clouds after a bit of early drizzle. We have done all of our sightseeing on foot for these two days.
I'm sending a picture of the areas on our map we have walked and enjoyed; they are circled.

Yesterday we started at the west beach and walked it around to the world's oldest working lighthouse, the Tower of Hercules. Its height shows that this city of 245,000 is full of many highrises; a surprise to me.
Thankfully we continued our walk along the ocean. The huge park beyond and its trails had a relaxed feel of being in nature, and ends at the very interesting Menhir Monument, a "dolmen" recreated area of huge granite pieces, reminding me a bit of Stonehenge.

Today we spent time in the Old Town historic area with its lovely streets, shops, and eateries. We saw about 4 or 5 old churches and cathedrals, and since it's Saturday we happened upon two weddings getting underway with well dressed men and women walking in to attend the ceremonies.

Next up was heading over to the San Anton Castle and museum. It was a definite highlight with many artifacts and views of the harbor, including a cruise ship in port.
On our way back to our hotel we stopped for Menu del dias and enjoyed our choices, including the layered chocolate cake for dessert.

We leave tomorrow by bus for FERROL, where we start the Ingles on Monday morning...I'm excited!
Screenshot_20241005-200434~3.pngScreenshot_20241005-202602.pngScreenshot_20241005-200725~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-201006~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-200941~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-201333~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-201627~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-202120~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-202043~2.pngScreenshot_20241005-202052~2.png

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey Chrissy, this was our view from the Torre just the other day View attachment 178680
Well, a bummer. Your good news was at least the admission is cheap.🤷
We didn't have a good opportunity to check out your favorite bars🥴 by the train station. After walking around all day I was too tired to go back to the train station area. Tomorrow we hoof it to the bus station.

Well, a bummer. Your good news was at least the admission is cheap.🤷
We didn't have a good opportunity to check out your favorite bars🥴 by the train station. After walking around all day I was too tired to go back to the train station area. Tomorrow we hoof it to the bus station.
Which is just across the inter urban expressway from the train station. The Pastelería Carabellos (spelling?) will do you good coffee, middle standard pasties and a sello if they’re not too busy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Which is just across the inter urban expressway from the train station. The Pastelería Carabellos (spelling?) will do you good coffee, middle standard pasties and a sello if they’re not too busy
I'll look it up on google in the morning and see what can be done about that!

I just googled and it is nearly at the bus station, and open on Sunday at 9:00am, so it should work to stop in..

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

My friend and I walked the Camino Ingles in mid-Sept. We flew from Madrid to A Coruna, then took a bus to Ferrol, spending the night there before starting our long walk towards Santiago the next...
I’m studying in Madrid for the semester, and after a few weeks of research, I decided I want to try and complete the Camino Ingles in 4 days from Ferrol to avoid missing school while still walking...
Hey, We left Bruma this morning in a foggy and misty morning. It stayed foggy and misty most of the morning. It didn't rain. We had a nice walk. There seemed to be more road walking but there...
Hello, Yesterday, Paul and I walked from Betanzos to Bruma. We walk part of the Camino Real. Some of the paths were overgrown but it was beautiful. Here are some pictures.
Hi all, I'm still in Spain and we are spending two days in A CORUNA, having taken an early morning train here after walking the Invierno from Ponferrada to Monforte de Lemos. The weather here has...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back