• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cammino Retico

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Limited time? A seven day walk takes seven days. Access and egress will add a couple more. That said it looks a great route for anyone who wants to go hiking in Italy rather than walk a Camino
Ya when I said limited time I meant in comparison to time required for say French Way,but ya,a 7 day hike could be a 9 day trip

It looks very interesting on the site.

I have never before seen insurance included in the "package" with the credential. €80,000 for death or invalidity and € 200 for a fracture.

You get this if you join the association.
Assicurazione
Ma la cosa forse più importante è che sarete assicurati

Sarete maggiormente tutelati usufruendo delle possibilità offerte dalla polizza assicurativa legata alla tessera personale.
La polizza infortuni in questione, è dotata dei seguenti massimali:

• euro 80.000.00 in caso di morte;
  • euro 80.000.00 in caso di invalidità con franchigia del 6%;
  • euro 200,00 che vengono pagati sempre se in presenza di frattura ossea non si supera la franchigia.
La polizza RCT personale del socio ha un massimale unico di € 3.500.000,00.

It is way up in the Veneto, but I don't think it looks like it involves heroic mountaineering.

I have friends living up that way, so it sounds a nice idea..... Autumn maybe.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It looks very interesting on the site.

I have never before seen insurance included in the "package" with the credential. €80,000 for death of invalidity and € 200 for a fracture.

You get this if you join the association.
Assicurazione
Ma la cosa forse più importante è che sarete assicurati

Sarete maggiormente tutelati usufruendo delle possibilità offerte dalla polizza assicurativa legata alla tessera personale.
La polizza infortuni in questione, è dotata dei seguenti massimali:

• euro 80.000.00 in caso di morte;
  • euro 80.000.00 in caso di invalidità con franchigia del 6%;
  • euro 200,00 che vengono pagati sempre se in presenza di frattura ossea non si supera la franchigia.
La polizza RCT personale del socio ha un massimale unico di € 3.500.000,00.

It is way up in the Veneto, but I don't think it looks like it involves heroic mountaineering.

I have friends living up that way, so it sounds a nice idea..... Autumn maybe.
I live near there too, and I confirm that for sure is not like heroic alpinism! Those are rural valleys far from the most popular dolomites routes. In any case is a mountain trail.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Just to add that I got in touch with them to ask a few questions on FB messenger and they responded quickly and enthusiastically.

It looks like another interesting endeavour to develop new camino/cammino-like walks, such as we have discussed here before - Magna Via Francigena in Sicily, Cammino Materano, Cammino de Salento, and the Cammino of San Francesco di Paola for example. I am sure there are more.

I rather like the idea of getting in early before they get too popular!!! I also enjoy getting away from mainline tourist destinations.

Last edited:
Just to add that I got in touch with them to ask a few questions on FB messenger and they responded quickly and enthusiastically.
Fantastic! Having just come from the Via Ellenica, there’s almost nothing better on camino than enthusiastic organisers striving to help pilgrims, as you well know Tim!

And just for fun re: camino/cammino for non-Italian speakers: cammino is the word for a walk, but since it contains a ‘doppia’ (double letter), for pronunciation purposes that means you rest a bit longer on that sound and shorten the preceding vowel. The word camino in Italian without the doppia is pronounced as it is in Spanish, but it means chimney!

It looks like another interesting endeavour to develop new camino/cammino-like walks, such as we have discussed here before - Magna Via Francigena in Sicily, Cammino Materano, Cammino de Salento, and the Cammino of San Francesco di Paola for example. I am sure there are more.
Great list and I would add the Cammini Bizantini, which I am anxious to discover, and the Cammino di San Benedetto, in addition to the better-known Via Francigena and Via di Francesco.

I rather like the idea of getting in early before they get too popular!!! I also enjoy getting away from mainline tourist destinations.
Definitely!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Echoing @jungleboy, @timr, and others above, Italy has a mind-boggling number of developed and well-signed hiking trails, from the Alps and Dolomites in the north down to the heel of the boot in the south, and over in Sicily and Sardinia, too. These are beyond the well-known Via Francigena, and traverse some spectacular countryside. The Italian national hiking federation (CAI) does a great job of mapping and maintaining most of them. For anyone interested in exploring the possibilities, I'd suggest going to the website of Italy's leading guidebook publisher, Terre di Mezzo. Many of their books are in English, but you can get an idea of the range of possibilities by scanning the whole website. https://www.terre.it/en/.

One trail we particularly enjoyed, not mentioned above, is the Via degli Dei, which traverses the Appennine mountains from Bologna to Florence. It's about 140 kilometers, and there's plenty of infrastructure. The Terre di Mezzo guide is only in Italian, but it's easy to plan a trip along it using the guide (even if you don't speak Italian) and the official website, which you can open in Chrome for a translation. https://www.terre.it/en/. Forwalk also has a good guide: https://vieromee.forwalk.org/en-us/guide/1-the-via-degli-dei/.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. Just to further expand on what others have said about the wonderful possibilities in Italy.

Not to mention, of course, the food.

I'd suggest going to the website of Italy's leading guidebook publisher, Terre di Mezzo. Many of their books are in English, but you can get an idea of the range of possibilities by scanning the whole website. https://www.terre.it/en/.
I have always liked the Terre di Mezzo guides which I used initially in Italian. Good to see that they continue to work on English versions. Long ago (well in 2018) they had the guide to the second half of Francigena as an interactive app, (not just a pdf), but they abandoned that as an idea. (They kindly responded when I wrote to ask them.)

I do like guide books, and if one is good, more are better I always think. I have five or six of their Italian guides to walks I am rather unlikely to do...... But I still enjoy reading them. :)

And this, released on 29 March of this year had thus far escaped me......But i have just ordered it.

https://issuu.com/terredimezzo/docs/estratto_cammini_d_italia It lists 100 walks in Italy!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have always liked the Terre di Mezzo guides which I used initially in Italian. Good to see that they continue to work on English versions. Long ago (well in 2018) they had the guide to the second half of Francigena as an interactive app, (not just a pdf), but they abandoned that as an idea. (They kindly responded when I wrote to ask them.)

I do like guide books, and if one is good, more are better I always think. I have five or six of their Italian guides to walks I am rather unlikely to do...... But I still enjoy reading them. :)

And this, released on 29 March of this year had thus far escaped me......But i have just ordered it.

https://issuu.com/terredimezzo/docs/estratto_cammini_d_italia It lists 100 walks in Italy!

Thanks!!!! This looks to be a perfect book. Looks like it just came out (that's our excuse for missing it), and I couldn't help but instantly order it myself.

A tip for anyone in the US (like me) or outside the EU: If you order the book from the major Italian bookseller, IBS.it, the postage will be less than half what Terre di Mezzo charges. (I've done the same with other guides from Terre di Mezzo, too). Here's the link to the book on the IBS.it site:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back