• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Le Puy

JeffP

Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2023 > April-May 2024
Have you walked the Le Puy to SJPP? I’m curious—how many days did it take you? Did you take any rest days along the way? After that, did you continue on the Camino Frances? If so, how many days did the entire journey of over 1600 kilometers take you, including rest days?

If you flew in from the USA, which city did you arrive in, and where did you fly home from?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello, I walked 2017 from Konstanz to Porto. Via Jacobi, Via Gebenensis, Via Podiensies, one part GR10, then Camino del Norte to SdC and then Muxia, Fisterra and down to Porto. 3'000km four months and only one resting day at SdC. From Le Puy SJPP I did spend 34 days but this includes 3 days to Rocamadour and 5 days through the Vallée du le Célé. When I have short days with less than 20km it's like a resting day for me, but this depends on your fitness.

Hello, I walked 2017 from Konstanz to Porto. Via Jacobi, Via Gebenensis, Via Podiensies, one part GR10, then Camino del Norte to SdC and then Muxia, Fisterra and down to Porto. 3'000km four months and only one resting day at SdC. From Le Puy SJPP I did spend 34 days but this includes 3 days to Rocamadour and 5 days through the Vallée du le Célé. When I have short days with less than 20km it's like a resting day for me, but this depends on your fitness.
Have you walked the Le Puy to SJPP? I’m curious—how many days did it take you? Did you take any rest days along the way? After that, did you continue on the Camino Frances? If so, how many days did the entire journey of over 1600 kilometers take you, including rest days?

If you flew in from the USA, which city did you arrive in, and where did you fly home from?
Hi,
I have plans next year for the Le Puy as well. My plan was to fly into Paris then train or bus it to Le Puy. I think negotiating the accommodations will be a challenge as I don't speak French. And keeping my provisions full as i hear the stores are further apart and closed on consecutive days. I was planning on flying home from Madrid.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

My wife and I took 35 days, including one rest day in Figeac (to see Rocamadur), to go from Le Puy tò SJPDP.

From US, we fly to Paris CDG, and got the TGV train directly from the airport to Lyon. From Lyon we took a local train to Le Puy. Only other realistic possibility would be to fly to Lyon (if you can get a flight to there from the US) and then continue by train to Le Puy.

On the way home, local train from SJPDP to Bayonne, thence by TGV train to Paris, thence home to US.

You could also possibly get a flight home from Biarritz airport.

My wife and I took 35 days, including one rest day in Figeac (to see Rocamadur), to go from Le Puy tò SJPDP.

From US, we fly to Paris CDG, and got the TGV train directly from the airport to Lyon. From Lyon we took a local train to Le Puy. Only other realistic possibility would be to fly to Lyon (if you can get a flight to there from the US) and then continue by train to Le Puy.

On the way home, local train from SJPDP to Bayonne, thence by TGV train to Paris, thence home to US.

You could also possibly get a flight home from Biarritz airport.
As of today, I’m considering walking to Finisterre.

Thanks for the information!

My daughter (mid 20s) and I (mid 50s) walked Camino Le Puy in July. It took us 30 days, no rest days. We had some extra time in Le Puy and also in SJPDP. Both of us really really loved this route. The last kilometres before SJPDP were terrible. We walked with such heavy hearts because we knew it was about to end. Had it been possible we would have loved to continue even if we have walked the Camino Frances before. If you only can go ahead and walk all the way!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
I have plans next year for the Le Puy as well. My plan was to fly into Paris then train or bus it to Le Puy. I think negotiating the accommodations will be a challenge as I don't speak French. And keeping my provisions full as i hear the stores are further apart and closed on consecutive days. I was planning on flying home from Madrid.
I only walked from Le Puy to Figeac and then took bus and two trains to SJPP 😂 to continue to Santiago … and yes it takes I bit of organising. Google translate and email was my best friend for booking ahead. I found this Camino more challenging (language, terrain and services) but that’s just me. The scenery is beautiful and I would like to go back for another shot. There is a dedicated Facebook page with lots of info and I had the Cicero guide although the French guide Miam Dodo (?) is excellent. I flew in to Paris (three trains to Le Puy - didn’t know there was a direct train from the airport to Lyon) and home from Madrid.
Edit - I met 5 people in SJPP who had started in Le Puy and were heading for Santiago 👏

It took me 5 years from Le Puy to SJpdlp, at 150 km at a time, but I loved every minute of it. I never intended to go to Santiago but when I got to the Pyrenees I thought I might as well cross over them and see what was on the other side. The first time I did that it was raining heavily with low cloud and I couldn't see anything so I went back some months later in brilliant sunshine and carried on to Pamplona. After that I thought I might as well carry on and I eventually got to Santiago. I wonder if I can claim a prize as the slowest Pilgrim ever?

FYI - in 2022 I walked from Le Puy to Moissac in 22 days, no rest days. Then in 2023 I finished from Moissac to SJPP in 16 days, no rest days, but generally shorter days for the second half. Accommodation was a problem in 2022, so we booked in advance for 2023. In 2019 I completed the Camino Francés in 32 days, no rest days, and just a few longer days in there of 30+ kms. No advanced bookings on the CF. I speak some Spanish, but I am fluent in French, and that really contributed to an enhanced enjoyment of the VP through southern France. I have to say I preferred the gite accommodations to the albergue accommodations, but in
both cases the breakfasts are pretty bleah for the most part. I hope this helps.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been walking the Camino Portugès starting in Porto. I am now in Caldas de Reis. One thing that disturbs me greatly as I walk the Camino is the amount of toilet trash littering the sides of...
I don't know if you've come across this already but it is basically a watercolour travel journal along the Camino Frances by an artist called Joaquin Gonzalez Dorao. Every page brings to mind a...
Hi everyone 🙂 I have just arrived to Leon to start my walk tomorrow morning. Checked into accom and have found that one of my poles won't tighten when I extend it 😳 They are very basic telescopic...
Hello, I am posting this having just completed the Burgos to Ponferrada leg of Camino Frances. This would take my Camino mileage up to around 1,300km over a few shorter trips, so while I would...
Hello im Pablo C Vergara - Im in the Film Industry and been on some TV shows and NETFLIX. I just arrived to Madrid and staying at Tres Cantos tonight and intending to travel north to start my...
Ok, not literally, but kind of they did. The recent thread on the wolf at Cruz de Ferro reminded me of my tenuous link to the Camino involving wolves, and it would be great to hear of other...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.