• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino ingles

NatashaWilmot

Time of past OR future Camino
One week
Hello all. Happy to find this forum. Wish to walk the Camino Ingles. Earliest time I can do this in 2025? May dry enough? Flying in from Africa, so land in Madrid? How to find transport from there to Ferrol? Where do I get the passport? Will use the hostels along the way. No need to book anthing ahead of time? Simply fly in and catch a bus to starting point? Plan to sight see around Spain after Camino walk. Best way to get around Spain? Public busses? And hostels also dotted around the country? Many thanks for any advise in general

Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino
Hello all. Happy to find this forum. Wish to walk the Camino Ingles. Earliest time I can do this in 2025? May dry enough? Flying in from Africa, so land in Madrid? How to find transport from there to Ferrol? Where do I get the passport? Will use the hostels along the way. No need to book anthing ahead of time? Simply fly in and catch a bus to starting point? Plan to sight see around Spain after Camino walk. Best way to get around Spain? Public busses? And hostels also dotted around the country? Many thanks for any advise in general
Natasha, welcome to the Forum!

Wow, some questions. I'll have a go at some but I'll recommend taking a good look at the Camino Ingles pages of the Forum https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-ingles-from-ferrol-a-coruna.23/

Earliest time? Any time from Easter / Holy Week on wards most facilities will be open. The route is walkable even in mid-winter with careful planning.

May dry enough? It's Galicia - Green Spain. It can rain anytime. There are resources where you can check historical weather patterns such as this one https://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/ferrol-id15036

Flights? Yes, Madrid and Train or bus to Santiago or A Coruna; bus or train to Ferrol.

Credencial (passport)? From Ivar ( https://www.santiagodecompostela.me/ ) or the Turismo in Ferrol right next to the start marker though they have erratic opening hours.

Accommodations? Try Gronze https://www.gronze.com/camino-ingles Depending on when you actually walk some pre-booking may be advisable.

Travel within Spain? Trains and buses are both good. Buses are cheaper. There are pilgrim Albergues along all the major routes and Backpacker hostels in the larger cities. Small, inexpensive, family-run, Hostales & Pensiones all over.

Happy planning

Private rooms, daily bag transfers, 24/7 support, & more. Save now during our sale!
@Tincatinker covered a lot of territory, I have an arrival suggestion. You may want to consider a connecting flight in Madrid to A Coruña which will eliminate connections with trains or busses in Madrid. You can catch the train to Ferrol in A Coruña or at the O Burgo-Santiago station which is very near the airport. Not all trains to Ferrol stop at this station so check the schedule.

I did the Inglés in late May. Beautiful one day, rainy the next, welcome to Galicia.

Busses are cheaper and often faster than the trains, keep that in mind as you plan.

Good luck, Buen Camino.

I am in Bruma tonight, but staying just outside at Meson Novo. I booked it nearly two months ago as things were already filling up in Bruma where those who start walking in A Coruna or Ferrol join together.
@Tincatinker is correct about the hours. They were closed when I was there several days ago.
the Turismo in Ferrol right next to the start marker though they have erratic opening hours.

Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino
@Tincatinker covered a lot of territory, I have an arrival suggestion. You may want to consider a connecting flight in Madrid to A Coruña which will eliminate connections with trains or busses in Madrid. You can catch the train to Ferrol in A Coruña or at the O Burgo-Santiago station which is very near the airport. Not all trains to Ferrol stop at this station so check the schedule.

I did the Inglés in late May. Beautiful one day, rainy the next, welcome to Galicia.

Busses are cheaper and often faster than the trains, keep that in mind as you plan.

Good luck, Buen Camino.
Another alternative is a connecting flight to Santiago, round trip. At least from the states, the price different flying RT to Santiago instead of Madrid was very little, especially when you figure what your land costs would be to travel to/from Madrid. From Santiago you can take the bus to Ferrol, and then when your Camino ends, you'll only have to get to the airport, not another town.

I am in Bruma tonight, but staying just outside at Meson Novo. I booked it nearly two months ago as things were already filling up in Bruma where those who start walking in A Coruna or Ferrol join together.
@Tincatinker is correct about the hours. They were closed when I was there several days ago.
I like Mesón Novo; drinkable wine, good chicken and chips, edible salad. Hot showers!!

I like Mesón Novo; drinkable wine, good chicken and chips, edible salad. Hot showers!!
Yes, hot showers! My son and I both commented on that. My vino blanco was quite good and we shared raciones of chiperones, raxo and croquets. We had no idea they were each coming with a mound of chips. I wondered why the owner's son seemed a tad surprised by our order.😛

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey, I'm Kate from London. I'll be heading out on the 21st of October to do the Finisterre route, ambitiously looking to walk it in 3.5 days. Will gladly receive all advice regarding kit...
Hello all. I am thinking about doing the Portuguese Central route over Christmas. We will see if it all works out.
Hello! My name is Michael. My friend, John and I will be walking the Camino in December of 2025. We are both first-timers. I'm reading lot's of threads, but I'll probably have some specific...
Walking the Camino we tend to forget what day it is, and don't know the date. For our fellow Jewish pilgrims Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement falls on the Evening of this Friday, Oct 11, 2024 tomorrow...
Hello all! My husband and I have two girls, who will be 9 and almost 11 years old next Fall. We are going on a year sabbatical from the U.S., starting with the Camino Frances. We plan to begin in...
Hello all. Happy to find this forum. Wish to walk the Camino Ingles. Earliest time I can do this in 2025? May dry enough? Flying in from Africa, so land in Madrid? How to find transport from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back