• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Embroidered Patches

Michael Mattalo

A Renaissance Man
Time of past OR future Camino
See My Signature
Good evening fellow pilgrims. I've been searching for an embroidered patch of a Camino symbol to add to my hat. Just looking for either a simply scallop shell or arrow only without any writing ... about 5cmx5cm (2"x2") in size. I've checked Amazon / Etsy and there is a limited selection and when I find something, shipping costs are 5X the cost of the item. We leave for Norte on Sep 26 - we live in Mississauga (Toronto) Canada. Thank you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Is there a link for Ivar's patches? I recall they are bigger for backpacks. Looking for a hat-sized patch. Thank you everyone. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This one in the forum store is 35mm x 35mm (1.378 inches). There is a shell one about that size too but unfortunately, sold out! You could message Ivar - perhaps he'll have more in stock soon. Delivery from the store is usually very fast!

We leave for Norte on Sep 26 -
I'm afraid that you've probably left it to late to have something delivered before you leave. You will no doubt find what you are looking for in Santiago, or maybe earlier on the Camino. Then it will be a nice souvenir for you. Bring a needle and thread to sew one on when you find it.

Or another option would be to find someone local in Toronto with an embroidery machine who could make you a patch. Look for the kind of business that makes custom embroidered name patches.
@David Tallan is in the Toronto area. He might have some ideas.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
needle, thread, scissors and a piece of felt. here is a very simple shell that you can make yourself:

SeaShellPattern2-ac03aa0e9c3140a78b1bd49c9b1ffab5.jpg

pattern and instructions here:

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/seashell-pattern-embroidery-4691456

Good evening fellow pilgrims. I've been searching for an embroidered patch of a Camino symbol to add to my hat. Just looking for either a simply scallop shell or arrow only without any writing ... about 5cmx5cm (2"x2") in size. I've checked Amazon / Etsy and there is a limited selection and when I find something, shipping costs are 5X the cost of the item. We leave for Norte on Sep 26 - we live in Mississauga (Toronto) Canada. Thank you.
Hi I'm walking into Santiago tomorrow morning, if I find one, I can send it to by courier ASAP, I did the Norte 2 years ago, loved it, it's hard if you start in Henday, & the weather will be "interesting" I will let you know what I find tomorrow.
Graham

They certainly exist. I got mine in Pamplona. Discreet, and no annoying clunking or swinging like you get with a real shell. (I once shared a dorm with someone who had two large shells tied to her pack, and at night every time she looked in her pack for something they hit the tiled floor).
If you have to wait till Santiago to find it; well I think traditionally pilgrims only got a shell when they reached Santiago. If you're carrying a pack and following yellow arrows it's pretty clear that you're a pilgrim! I hope you find what you're looking for.
Buen Camino.
IMG_20240906_181801.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not what you are looking for but it may do. Round pin where you put a picture or photo under a clear plastic cover. The link is to the first example I found with a search for round pin to hold photo. A pack of 50 may be a lot but you could give some away to your new camino friends.

Like this? https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1189499398/

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m trying to figure out carrying the things I want easily accessible and I know many people wear a waist pack in addition to their backpack, but that just seems uncomfortable to me. What I’d love...
I am sorry if this has been previously asked but I cannot find the answer… my question is: If I feel like I am carrying unnecessary things on the Camino (I am presently walking the Francis), is it...
Hi- amateur photographer here and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth regarding taking my smaller Nikon with prime lens set up which weighs in...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...
As we have no hold luggage, I’m having to leave my much appreciated walking poles at home! Can I get walking poles in Sarria (our start point) or should I pick them up in Madrid? I know Madrid...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back