• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Diaries: Daily Videos from the Camino Frances

storiestellr

Time of past OR future Camino
CF ‘22 ‘23 and ‘24 but it's always the first time
I walked the Camino Frances for a third time in May and June, and for some strange reason I took it upon myself to make a daily video diary.
There was so much to process, I felt like i needed to capture the immersive immediacy of the experience on video - rather than editing with the benefit of hindsight in an editing room months later.

And so I edited the videos after arriving at the albergue, often deep into the night when most people were snoring already. I usually recorded a narration as well, trying to make sense of the things going through my head that day.
After the edit was done, I uploaded the videos to youtube from my bed (usually). I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep…

This third Camino was by far the most intense one, in many ways. An amazing, enlightening experience.
I sometimes do wonder why I make these videos about the Camino, but I’ve met a number of people who confided that my videos (from the years before) were one, if not the major reason why they decided to walk the Camino. I was surprised and very flattered to hear this: it means I’m not just shouting into the void, but that my little movies do have an effect.

Here’s 3 picks, I will try to post the entire playlist in the next message. And yes, I am in the process of making it into one long video.
The videos should play in sequence if you keep watching.
Enjoy!

Rain, Pain, Mud & Storm: A Grueling Day 1 on Camino de Santiago -
Camino Diaries #4

Steal My Soul:
Camino Diaries #10

The Sky Is A Cathedral:
Camino Diaries #25

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I watched the whole thing when I got back from the Camino Francés, It was fabulous, insightful, entertaining and full of suspense, thoughts and philosophy. When people say it's your Camino who knows what will happen, this one is a great example of the good and the, well, more difficult stuff. A must watch.

He also did two more long and fascinating videos on the 2022 and 2023 Caminos well worth your time, if your a newbie or an experienced peregrino.

Most read last week in this forum

As often, I am not quite sure if this is the right place. Mods please feel free to move. There is an interesting programme on BBC Radio 4, about a French amputee, Hervé, walking the Camino. It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back