Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Busy busy busy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am currently in Ages. It is really difficult to find beds. I am booking five days ahead in order to find something. At the same time, I am aware that several people I have been walking with/behind…I am very slow…have skipped ahead to Burgos. Moreover, many of them say they do not plan to walk the meseta, so things may thin out a bit. Every albergue I have stayed in thus far have been jam packed.

I do not. I have not stayed in the municipal albergue yet. But everyone I have spoken to has reported full houses everywhere.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Moreover, many of them say they do not plan to walk the meseta
I am struck that if they all skip the Meseta they'll all end up in Leon in the same crowd that's eating all the beds. Me, I think I would enjoy walking a tranquil Meseta and arriving in Leon when the Lemmings have moved on ;).

Buen Camino @AshtabulaJed

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you enjoy the company of bed bugs, go for it!
¿Qué? Sorry old man but I really don’t follow your banter. Are you suggesting that a venture on Camino will involve an encounter with our oldest companions? Or that skipping the Meseta will expose the peripatetic pilgrim to bug-riddled buses? Or even that the wide rolling cold desert that is the Meseta is Cimex Central?

More information would help

I do not. I have not stayed in the municipal albergue yet. But everyone I have spoken to has reported full houses everywhere.
You didn't talk to me and I happily report that there are plenty of beds to be had at Donativo and Municipal albergues. Especially in the smaller towns that are not listed as end points or stage endings on various guides

It seems as if we walk different Caminos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Where are you now, @DoughnutANZ ?
Caught, I am. I am at home, lying in my bed, recovering from my 34 hour trip back to Aotearoa New Zealand and remembering my Camino from last week.

For my own reasons, I had booked my return flight for the 13th of September and so I ended my Camino Aragonés in Logroño.

I enjoyed the Aragonés with one especially magical day watching the sun go down at the House of the Rising Sun albergue (La Casa de Las Sunrisas) with an interesting group of Spanish, Italian, Polish, British, Irish and possibly one person from the USA but the Madrid is still my favourite Camino to date.

PXL_20240827_183217625.MP.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, but I searched the forum and only saw threads about Portugal. I was googling for info about the fires, and Google Maps showed one in Spain. No idea how...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.