• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biking from surrounding area of Vigo

legribro

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2024
I am hiking the Camino with my parents and teenagers this June and we had planned to start around Vigo (airport we are flying into). My dad is recovering from gout so has opted to cycle with pedal assist (not worried about getting the 200km cycle compostela).

Any recommendations for companies to hire bikes from in that area and good locations to start if we wanted to get a little more coast experienced? Was originally thinking Oia (little) or Bairona.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am hiking the Camino with my parents and teenagers this June and we had planned to start around Vigo (airport we are flying into). My dad is recovering from gout so has opted to cycle with pedal assist (not worried about getting the 200km cycle compostela).

Any recommendations for companies to hire bikes from in that area and good locations to start if we wanted to get a little more coast experienced? Was originally thinking Oia (little) or Bairona.
Check out Cycling Rentals. They have always been very helpful to me the times that I’ve talked with them. They deliver bikes anywhere in Portugal and Spain and then pick up in SdC. Their website describes all their options including e-bikes. The only difficulty that you might run into is that bikes for June might already be spoken for. But, in any case, if you’re calling from the US, there’s a FL number for reaching them. Ask for Didi.

Check out Cycling Rentals. They have always been very helpful to me the times that I’ve talked with them. They deliver bikes anywhere in Portugal and Spain and then pick up in SdC. Their website describes all their options including e-bikes. The only difficulty that you might run into is that bikes for June might already be spoken for. But, in any case, if you’re calling from the US, there’s a FL number for reaching them. Ask for Didi.
Thank you! I’m actually in Australia and it appears that to make an inquiry you need to know all information, including hotel with a booking number.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I will second that recommendation! Cycling-rentals.com and ask for Didi. She outfitted six of us with e-bikes last year and the company is fabulous.

Most read last week in this forum

We are going to bike it the first time, sorry (but we are mindful of walkers :)). If there are any folks w biking experience…we are trying to settle the pedal assist e-bike or mountain bike...
Hello , I have a friend who is wheelchair bound . He wants to travel the Camino and has found suggestions from a now defunct European website on pilgrimage and disabilities recommending traveling...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.