• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bike Return Service to USA

Wayne of LaVerne

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 bike, solo & lost, SJPP-Santiago via Napoleon Route
Previously i used a Santiago company named Velocipedo. They boxed & shipped the bike back. Excellent service! They are now permanently closed. Any other business that does the same?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Previously i used a Santiago company named Velocipedo. They boxed & shipped the bike back. Excellent service! They are now permanently closed. Any other business that does the same?

Mail Boxes is a store that ships and sells packing stuff. I know they do a lot of bikes. Their location near the Plaza Galicia is small and I believe they do bike shipping from another location, but you can easily contact them.

https://www.mbe.es/es/envio-bicicletas

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Those photos on the MBE site look like they have been generated by AI. Either that or they have bent a very expensive looking bike (one in the foreground)

That is a very weird picture. I can’t tell you anything about where it came from but I can assure you that this is a legitimate business. I have been going there for years to buy bubble wrap when I arrive in Santiago and have 15 liters of olive oil to pack up to take home. :p

The business has definitely grown over the years — about 6 or 7 years ago, I remember seeing a couple of bikes lined up in the store near Plaza Galicia, and they were being shipped to Europe, South America, and US. A few years ago those bikes disappeared and they told me that they had had to open a warehouse to take care of all the bikes that they now pack up and send.

So I would definitely trust them, but I can’t explain what those pictures are all about! I assume they are not within the control of the Mail Boxes Etc. in Santiago, because this is a franchise operation.

I've used them myself so know they are local and very helpful.

Does anyone have an idea of what this company would charge for a bike to be shipped to California? I am currently flying home with mine but that also costs $100 per bike so I wouldn't mind paying to ship it and avoiding the hassle/airlines.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Does anyone have an idea of what this company would charge for a bike to be shipped to California? I am currently flying home with mine but that also costs $100 per bike so I wouldn't mind paying to ship it and avoiding the hassle/airlines.

You can fill out a form on their website asking for a quote. But I am virtually certain that it’s a lot more than $100. That price is the first bargain I’ve heard about on an airline in a long time! Does that include packing up the bike? Or do you have to do that yourself?

You can fill out a form on their website asking for a quote. But I am virtually certain that it’s a lot more than $100. That price is the first bargain I’ve heard about on an airline in a long time! Does that include packing up the bike? Or do you have to do that yourself?
I have attempted to fill out the quote sheet but it rejects it. Probably some glitch in the translation of address. Can't see an email to send to them directly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

I just verified and its even less! I am taking KLM and they charge $150 a bike (I have two). On my return I am taking Delta and they count a bike as a normal checked bag. I get two of those for free. However I plan to check additional bags so I will be charged per bag by Delta.
We are taking trains with our bikes from Santiago to Lisbon and flying home from there. Due to the hassle of taking the trains we would prefer to ship. I assumed it would be a lot more.

Packing up needs to be done on my own. I plan to use a service I had found in Lisbon.

What I meant to say was that I was virtually certain that mailboxes would be much more than $100, not that I doubted you report about the fee on the airplane. And yes, that is an incredibly good deal on Delta . Good luck.

I am in California and planning to go in October to do it in 8 days, I was thinkg to take my bike or ship it, but I am thinkg the best option is rent it and the best option at the moment is https://bicips.com/ I don't know if someone have referent of this company

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I am in California and planning to go in October to do it in 8 days, I was thinkg to take my bike or ship it, but I am thinkg the best option is rent it and the best option at the moment is https://bicips.com/ I don't know if someone have referent of this company
I am also going from California but am brining my own bike. I have a preference of road bike along with frame bags v pannier. I also once had a bike I rented break on me during a ironman and since then prefer to bring my own bike places.
This will be a first for me as I am flying into Bilbao - 9day ride - train to Lisbon - then flying out of Lisbon. I will be done with it around the 1st of September and will let you know how the bring your own bike form CA adventure goes.

What I meant to say was that I was virtually certain that mailboxes would be much more than $100, not that I doubted you report about the fee on the airplane. And yes, that is an incredibly good deal on Delta . Good luck.

For reference on anyone looking at this thread. Here is my quote from them:

The price is:

Packaging and shipping to USA: €399

Saddlebags (luggage): €40

Comprehensive insurance (optional): €30

Most read last week in this forum

In another group that I moderate one of the members posted that when he arrived at the albergue in Tui, he was informed that bikers needed to wait until 7pm to check in. With the current traffic...
Hello. I’m currently walking (woman 56) from SJPDP to Santiago with my son (nearly 15) he wants to ride so I’m going to hire him a bike in Lagrono tomorrow. I need to work out if he follows a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back