• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

best shoes for asphalt walking?

Train for your next Camino (or keep the Camino spirit alive) on Santa Catalina Island
Ones that fit. I can’t help you beyond that because you haven’t said if you’re a first time hiker ( though you probably are or you wouldn’t be asking), or a veteran, your height and particularly weight might help too, but my firm recommendation is to go to your nearest reputable outdoor outfitters and put your questions to them. I’m sure one or two of our Canadian 🇨🇦 members can recommend some suitable sellers

Ones that fit. I can’t help you beyond that because you haven’t said if you’re a first time hiker ( though you probably are or you wouldn’t be asking), or a veteran, your height and particularly weight might help too, but my firm recommendation is to go to your nearest reputable outdoor outfitters and put your questions to them. I’m sure one or two of our Canadian 🇨🇦 members can recommend some suitable sellers
I actually have done this walk a couple times before, but I'm wondering if my next shoes should be more geared toward asphalt/road. My height is 5 foot 8 inches, and my weight 135 pounds

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I actually have done this walk a couple times before, but I'm wondering if my next shoes should be more geared toward asphalt/road. My height is 5 foot 8 inches, and my weight 135 pounds
Roughly my height and weight then but I wear boots: currently Scarpa or Brogues by Loake. Comfortable on tarmac, great in the mud and on most surfaces except black ice. Foot wear is so personal. I can only repeat: go to a reputable outfitter, explain your situation and listen critically to their suggestions. The magnificent John Hillaby walked mostly in Dunlop Green Flash uh - and did more miles on foot than you and I combined will ever manage.

The answer I always give is, the most comfortable shoes you can find, preferably with good cushioning.
People have asked me what should I get, running or trail shoes (last longer) - the answer is always, the most comfortable. To me comfort outweighs longevity. Running shoes usually have good cushioning.
A good sports shoe store should be able to sort you out. This year I used zero drop Topos and they were great, previously I wore sandals. It will depend on your feet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Everything everyone else has already said. Check out Hokas for lots for cushioning. But if the fit doesn't work for you, a lot of other good brands have jumped on the thick sole bandwagon.

+1 for trail runners, you get the best of both worlds good grip for off-road but good cushioning for harder surfaces, and they are lightweight.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
That's one of the only hiking situations where army boots should be seriously considered.

They are deliberately designed for tarmac and for marching on it, and the thick rubber soles and heels do a good enough job of protecting your feet. You do need to make absolutely sure they're big enough though, because if not they could be murder on your feet.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are several....St-Joseph Basilica in Montreal, Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré, there is one ending in Old Quebec City, Le Chemin des Sanctuaires; Le sentier Notre-Dame Kapatakan, etc. Actually, if you include minor ones, there are about 80 of them...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims and travellers... It'll be awhile before my next carry on backpack adventure, but here goes anyhow. I do like my icebreaker gear, but the finer 100% merino tees are not the...
Hi fellow travelers, just day dreaming of future caminos and trips to Europe. Any one have good recommendations for dresses? Ideally knee length (maybe longer), with sleeves. It'll be cool if it...
I might just set up a Pilgrim rental program in St Jean Pied de Port, with the drop-off location being at Roncesvalles. Story: HERE
I will be starting my camino Frances near September 1st. Will i need to bring an insulated light puffy coat?
I love my hiking shoes.. but they are not water proof. I would love to hear some opinions on what to do if it rains. I will be doing the CF in september. Im trying to pack as light as possible.
I'm walking a 30-day pilgrimage in Quebec entirely on roads/bikepaths. Which shoes do you recommend?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.