• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Best Guide Book: Voie du Piémont?

High Endeavours

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 13
VdlP 14
LePuy 15
Invierno DosFaros CP 16
88 Templ Japan 17
Sicily Arles-Santiago 18
Norte 19
Hi. I'm in the preliminary stages of planning a walk from Carcassonne to SJPdP and beyond (likely the Primativo) beginning around May 21st next spring. The two principal guides that I've found referenced are French language guides, both published in 2022; 1) Topo Guide, Chemin du Piémont Pyrénées GR78 and 2) Lepère & Terrien, La Voie des Piémonts. I've searched the forum and haven't found a comparison of the two or a clear recommendation. If any one has experience with these guides I'd appreciate your input, both positive and negative. I've a little French (some might say very little) and I've used the Miam Miam DoDo guides often, so I suppose a similar styled guide with interpretive symbols would help. I'm more partial to guides with good quality maps. On that note, does anyone have a reference to the GPX for this route, or is it well marked? I would be transferring it to GAIA app which I've used successfully on other more remote walks. Thanks for any ideas and thoughts!

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi. I'm in the preliminary stages of planning a walk from Carcassonne to SJPdP and beyond (likely the Primativo) beginning around May 21st next spring. The two principal guides that I've found...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back