• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bayonne -Pamplona - SJPP-Bayonne/Irun

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
I was intending to walk from Oloron-Sainte-Marie to Puente la Reina in early October but due to flooding damage i probably wont be able to do this route, on the French side. I could start in Somport accessing it from Spain but i'd miss out on the climb up to Somport, so i will probably leave this way until another time.

Now i'm considering the Baztan to Pamplona, continuing back to SJPP and then either back to Bayonne or Irun. OR this in reverse order Bayonne/Irun to SJPP to Pamplona to Bayonne.
I have 10 walking days.
Any have link to maps/hostels on the SJPP to Irun and SJPP to Bayonne routes?
Regarding waymarking which of my intended routes would be best?
I wont have access to any apps/google maps.
Thanks

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
That post describing Bayonne to SJPdP is hilarious in its preciseness yet way too confusing to actually be of help 8 years after the fact since things like the “red gate with the pallet on it” probably no longer exist.

The Voie de la Nive is easy to follow and well-marked out of Bayonne, though the final stage into SJPdP gets tricky. A good gps mapping app will help. Search this forum and online for more resources.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone stayed at the monastery in Urdax recently, i. e. within the last few weeks? We're supposed to stay there tomorrow, but the reports on Gronze of really unsanitary conditions are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back