Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August Accommodations

asl

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2023, Norte (2024)
For those who have walked the Norte during the prime vacation month for Spaniards, how challenging was it to find accommodations? I start mid-August and have reservations through San Sebastian, trying to decide if it would be prudent to book ahead through the balance of the month.

Thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We started the last week in August and found that we had to book accommodation to be confident of a bed at the end of the day (we wanted a private room each time).

There is competition not only from Spanish holidaymakers but there are also a lot of surfers along the North coast adding to the competition.

This is especially true at weekends where the prices go up too, due to an influx of "weekenders".

There will always be accommodation (at a price), it really depends if you prefer booking or wish to "see how it goes".

As a minimum, I'd suggest booking the weekend accommodation in advance.

Have a great time

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am planning on doing this stage in August 2024. I would like to understand the difficulty rating for this stage, as a friend is maybe joining me. What makes this difficult other than the...
I finished the Norte last Saturday, and want to post a few thoughts. Some may be of use to those thinking of walking the Norte in future. I’ve been on a bit of a Camino blitz this year -...
I am currently 78 yrs old living in Western Canada ..Did the regular route from pied de port 6 or 7 yrs ago.. Hoping to do the northern route this fall. Any opinions on late season hiking ? Not...
Good morning from sunny Ireland, I'm starting camino norte on July 25th. Start walking on 26th irun to san sebastian but unfortunately I can't find accommodation in San sebastian. 26th july Is a...
For those who have walked the Norte during the prime vacation month for Spaniards, how challenging was it to find accommodations? I start mid-August and have reservations through San Sebastian...
I'll be walking just seven days, San Sebastian to Bilbao. It's a warm-up, a test, and perhaps I'll return to do the rest later. I've done Frances, Portugues and a big chunk of Via de La Plata...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.