• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Arles' auberge de jeunesse

caminka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
see signature
Yesterday I came all the way to Arles and slept in the aubergue de jeunesse (Hostelling International youth hostel) there.

It was pretty much okay, good mattress, top and bottom sheets, summer kitchen (stove, microwave, fridge, utensils but only one usable cutting knife), laundry. I paid €28.15 which included HI membership because they didn't do pilgrim 'no membership discount'.

It is about 8min south of the cathedral st Throphime and about 20min from the train station. There is Lidl about 5min south of it.

Apparently it is not often visited by pilgrims because it opens late, at 17h, and the included breakfast isn't served before 7h30. I couldn't negotiate any picnics or such. Except for these two pilgrim-related minuses, I can reccommend it.

The only pilgrim accommodation in Arles, Gite Myriam Van Reeth, has only three beds, although she does accept pilgrims on their way home.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yesterday I came all the way to Arles and slept in the aubergue de jeunesse (Hostelling International youth hostel) there.

It was pretty much okay, good mattress, top and bottom sheets, summer kitchen (stove, microwave, fridge, utensils but only one usable cutting knife), laundry. I paid €28.15 which included HI membership because they didn't do pilgrim 'no membership discount'.

It is about 8min south of the cathedral st Throphime and about 20min from the train station. There is Lidl about 5min south of it.

Apparently it is not often visited by pilgrims because it opens late, at 17h, and the included breakfast isn't served before 7h30. I couldn't negotiate any picnics or such. Except for these two pilgrim-related minuses, I can reccommend it.

The only pilgrim accommodation in Arles, Gite Myriam Van Reeth, has only three beds, although she does accept pilgrims on their way home.
There are four association members who take pilgrims into their homes as guests. They are listed in Miam Miam Dodo. I stayed two nights with Mme. Courinier, a delightful host, three minutes from the Church of St. Trophime, €20 per night including a nice breakfast.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are four association members who take pilgrims into their homes as guests. They are listed in Miam Miam Dodo. I stayed two nights with Mme. Courinier, a delightful host, three minutes from the Church of St. Trophime, €20 per night including a nice breakfast.
O, that's great! Gronze only lists one. I though there might be more but since I was not technically on a camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back