Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Annual September Bed Race

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
I think you’re right. It’s been very quiet on here, it’ll be interesting how the numbers turn out.

I suppose we shouldn’t confuse ‘here’ with the Camino. Although the quality may be here, the quantity is elsewhere.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
I wanted to do a fall Camino and was debating which route when I happened upon the Borda website (late August) and discovered an opening on September 17th. Made my decision and snagged it. Been making my reservations to Pamplona last week or so and have had no real difficulties. Roncevalles was tight so I got a place in Burguette. Zubiri was the same so I got a place in Larrasoana. All on booking.com

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
CGM for Type 1 diabetes. Alarm might go off several times a night signaling a low event and when it does, I have to eat something then watch the level for 15-20 minutes to make sure it rises. Very annoying for me so I can imagine how others would feel.

CGM for Type 1 diabetes. Alarm might go off several times a night signaling a low event and when it does, I have to eat something then watch the level for 15-20 minutes to make sure it rises. Very annoying for me so I can imagine how others would feel.
Is there any way to connect it to earbuds?

I've been quite surprised not to see a lot of panicked posts about accommodations between SJPdP and Pamplona - neither here or on the Camino Facebook groups that I belong to.
I'd be interested to hear what @Monasp and @Ianinam are experiencing in St Jean and Roncesvalles.
Pilgrims office in SJPDP said that Roncesvalles is fully booked tomorrow, which is ok for us (as we booked) but did panic our dinner partner (as he has not!).

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
We've been getting word that Najera muni has been full most nights this last few weeks. They did open the Sports Hall at least once. I think it is busy, but maybe fewer people panicking?

We've been getting word that Najera muni has been full most nights this last few weeks. They did open the Sports Hall at least once. I think it is busy, but maybe fewer people panicking?
I stayed in a private albergue in Najera last week . A man there had found the municipal full but had no problem finding a bed in the private place. No one I met last week seemed particularly anxious about accommodation.

I stopped at Logroño last week and while the Camino Frances was busier than the Camino Aragonés I had no problems getting a bed without reservations.

I certainly didn't encounter anyone else with problems.

PXL_20240828_054121042.MP.jpg
Morning traffic on the Aragonés.

PXL_20240905_065917381.MP.jpg
Morning traffic on the Frances.

PXL_20240906_095458075.MP.jpg

Unfortunately Logroño was really crowded, as you can see from this photo.

🥝

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I've been quite surprised not to see a lot of panicked posts about accommodations between SJPdP and Pamplona - neither here or on the Camino Facebook groups that I belong to.
I'd be interested to hear what @Monasp and @Ianinam are experiencing in St Jean and Roncesvalles.
We were told when we registered in SJPDP on Sept 10 that it was incredibly crowded this year ( line was certainly long), and I didn’t pre- book anything. I walked CF 12 years ago and it didn’t occur to me it would be this busy. A bit stressful finding a bed in Zubiri last night, but I ‘m at the Jesu& Maria Albergue in Pamplona tonight and it’s not full yet at 5:15 pm. I’ve pre- booked the next 4-5 nights, but wonder if I’ll have to after that. It’s nice to decide how far to walk on the day. Anybody think that’s going to be too risky?

. I’ve pre- booked the next 4-5 nights, but wonder if I’ll have to after that. It’s nice to decide how far to walk on the day. Anybody think that’s going to be too risky?
Since you are there now you know better than those of us who are at home wishing we were there.

We were told when we registered in SJPDP on Sept 10 that it was incredibly crowded this year ( line was certainly long), and I didn’t pre- book anything. I walked CF 12 years ago and it didn’t occur to me it would be this busy. A bit stressful finding a bed in Zubiri last night, but I ‘m at the Jesu& Maria Albergue in Pamplona tonight and it’s not full yet at 5:15 pm. I’ve pre- booked the next 4-5 nights, but wonder if I’ll have to after that. It’s nice to decide how far to walk on the day. Anybody think that’s going to be too risky?
I think you will be fine. I might book if it is a hotel for 2 nights or something in a bigger town. The rest, I'd probably not unless you encounter a holiday. The National holiday is Oct 12 and that tends to bring out more people so maybe book in Santiago or if you are going on to Fisterra or Muxia.

I'm in Español today. Booked a place this morning, as did many others who were staying in hostel I in last night. No problem getting a bed.

Always worth asking your current hospitaleros - if they’re long term resident - they’ll be connected up and down the chain and know what the traffic passing through has been like.

Booking more than a day in advance, unless there’s a real issue, seems overly constraining.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Always worth asking your current hospitaleros - if they’re long term resident - they’ll be connected up and down the chain and know what the traffic passing through has been like.

Booking more than a day in advance, unless there’s a real issue, seems overly constraining.
Henry - when I walked in April/May this year - there were big Korean tour groups who pre-booked. In small towns this seemed to suck up a lot of available accommodation in albergues making it more difficult to find accommodation. The groups were about 20-30 people. Not sure if others have encountered this? I ideally wanted to walk out of sync with these bigger groups.

Noting this was in albergues not hotels.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I left SJPdP on Tuesday and got a bed in Orisson. We managed to get to monostery at Ronsencevalles Wednesday as we were there at opening (1300). Secondary rooms were opened up and we were told 60 pilgrims were turned away the night before (Sept 10). Apparently taxis were busy a few nights transporting pilgrims to accommodations where available. We called ahead to Zubiri the night before thankfully as that town filled up as well. The welcome surprise was up the mountain at zabaldica at the monostery. What a beautiful spot with a communal meal, blessing, quiet rest and breakfast. I am in Pamplona in a hotel (feeling sort of human with a bathtub!) but am missing my fellow pilgrims!! I have successfully booked puente la Reina for tomorrow. Am only on the path another week so trusting ‘the Camino will provide’ my sleeping accommodations. I am confident, based on this thread, that beds are available.
Buen Camino to all!
Nancy Lee 🇨🇦

IMG_5812.jpeg

IMG_5809.jpeg

I left SJPdP on Tuesday and got a bed in Orisson. We managed to get to monostery at Ronsencevalles Wednesday as we were there at opening (1300). Secondary rooms were opened up and we were told 60 pilgrims were turned away the night before (Sept 10). Apparently taxis were busy a few nights transporting pilgrims to accommodations where available. We called ahead to Zubiri the night before thankfully as that town filled up as well. The welcome surprise was up the mountain at zabaldica at the monostery. What a beautiful spot with a communal meal, blessing, quiet rest and breakfast. I am in Pamplona in a hotel (feeling sort of human with a bathtub!) but am missing my fellow pilgrims!! I have successfully booked puente la Reina for tomorrow. Am only on the path another week so trusting ‘the Camino will provide’ my sleeping accommodations. I am confident, based on this thread, that beds are available.
Buen Camino to all!
Nancy Lee 🇨🇦

View attachment 177664

View attachment 177665
Sounds like we are on the same schedule pretty much! I was at Roncesvilles Wed the 11th and it was very, very busy. However, last night, Saturday the 14th, I was at Santiago Apostal in Puerta de La Reina and it wasn’t even 1/2 full. Maybe finding a spot won’t be a big deal from now on

Najera was certainly problematic this weekend for those who didn't book ahead or were up early to get to the municipal. Off stage there were beds. I stopped in Navarette and Cirueña, now enjoying a cerveza in Santo Domingo. Buen Camino. Looking ahead. Availability currently looks good for the next week for the next few stages.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I stayed in a private albergue in Najera last week . A man there had found the municipal full but had no problem finding a bed in the private place. No one I met last week seemed particularly anxious about accommodation.
I talked to several people who had not found a place to sleep in villages between Logroño and Burgos and had to take taxis to the next available bed.

I talked to several people who had not found a place to sleep in villages between Logroño and Burgos and had to take taxis to the next available bed.
Wow, I wonder why that was? When I look, even using the cursed b.com I can see available beds.

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Anyone struggling to find a place in Los arcos 6 km beyond is albergue sansol oasis.I can highly recommend excellent host and food
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
Hi, We walked the Camino de Santiago for the first time in May & June this year, and absolutely loved it. We plan on walking the first week again in October (with a view to going back later next...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back