• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Altus H30 vs J30

Jenyat53

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019
Could someone please clarify the difference between the H30 and J30?
As I age I am thinking of trading in my trusty old 10 camino Ferrino Trekker (I don’t walk in hot weather, open zip at every opportunity and have never been soaked) on an Altus as they are significantly lighter but while some swear by the Altus a number of reviews both in this forum and others complain about being soaked beneath their Altus … so feeling a bit apprehensive about the swap.
(I wonder if those complaining simply didn’t realise that you can ‘stew’ in your own moisture from within if you have no air circulation 🤷‍♀️) or whether occasionally the Altus does fail.
Many thanks in advance for your responses. 😊

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
At risk of sounding like a kook...OK I might be past that point...but may I suggest the:

It has huge pit zips for ventilation, is rated at 5,000 schmerber, so very waterproof, and can be seen from space. At 45 Euros, it is affordable.
The money that you save...should you see anyone on the trail with a backpack like that in the profile picture, buy him a beer, or three.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there fellow Peregrinos! I will walk my first Camino in May 2025 and am slowly gathering my equipment. I have my boots that I've been hiking in and this pair seem to be good. I really want a...
I am currently looking for a new backpack for my next camino and was wondering if anybody on the forum has triednwith the gossamer G4-20 UL 42 ?
Good afternoon. Probably this is a trivial question, but I am asking nevertheless. Is there a app for Android or a very cheap gps watch only for distance/time and therefore speed? On my Samsung I...
I am leaving my island next week for a short trip to Quebec City, my home town and I will have a look to the MEC Serratus 40, seems interesting, has anybody tried it ...
Could someone please clarify the difference between the H30 and J30? As I age I am thinking of trading in my trusty old 10 camino Ferrino Trekker (I don’t walk in hot weather, open zip at every...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back