• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Dear all, Tuesday morning (Santigo time) we will be upgrading the forum to a new version. This means that we will be offline for an hour or so. This will be so for the app and for the website. Thank you for your patience. Ivar
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Portomarin, Spain

Martita

Time of past OR future Camino
future el camino - want to start in Sarria Spain
Does anybody have any experience with Huellas del Pelegrino in Porto-marin? Lone pilgrim, i am a bit anxious about sleeping top bunk. Recommendations accepted. Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Does anybody have any experience with Huellas del Pelegrino in Porto-marin? Lone pilgrim, i am a bit anxious about sleeping top bunk. Recommendations accepted. Thank you.

Welcome here. I see it is your first post.

Could you elaborate a bit more. Did you already book the bed? I see they are on bookingdotcom so you might be able to book a lowerbunk.
If your budget allows it you can also book a private room. Many albergues offer both : dormitories and private rooms.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed there in June - nice albergue. With a nice little kitchen too.
A lot of the beds were singles rather than bunkbeds from memory though there were some bunkbeds. But worth emailing them if you need to avoid a top bunk.

Is that the one with three-tier bunk beds? If so, I'm sure they are safe, just have to be careful climbing up and down

Help keep the Camino clean. Join us in 2025 for the Camino Cleanup Program & Retreat
Is that the one with three-tier bunk beds? If so, I'm sure they are safe, just have to be careful climbing up and down
No, it's a private albergue, and looking at the reviews a very nice place and no triple bunks. In fact many of the reviews mention that the room they were in had only three beds - one bunk bed and one single bed.

In May I stayed in Albergue Pons Marin. Loved it. I was on the ground floor. Clean, friendly and all amenities you need, clean bathrooms separated for women and men, laundry facilities, kitchen and also a nice dining room where breakfast was served. It was right downtown too. When reserving ask for a low bed. They are usually quite accommodating. Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

When I ended my first camino in Leon due to illness in 2022, I came to peace with it and decided it WAS my full camino and I was also certain I was one and done. I told everyone exactly that- I...
I feel like the more time that passes, the further I am from my Camino, which is kind of sad. I did this really hard and meaningful thing, but I’m worried that I’m forgetting how it made me feel...
Perhaps a helpful tip. Leaving Saint Jean Pied de Port until say Puente La Reina or Estella, your backpack is finally packed and arranged properly for daily use, feels good on your back, your...
Well friends, I can happy and proudly said that I'll start my sixth time volunteering in St. John the Babtist albergue in Gañon from next October the16th, to October the 31th. If you decided to...
Has anyone stayed in ventosa? Can you give some advice on what the accommodation was like please?
Anyone been to this one and have comments on it? https://alberguessantabrigida.com/albergue-san-bol/ No neighbors, 260 meters south of the francés, turn off about 4½ kilometers east of Hontanas...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back